Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Jul 20, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Ingram01
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
Its the able to travel bit...currently we are not able to travel?

USA

Disney332
Ah, I never read it like that. Theres so much sneaky get out clause wording in these things.
Ingram01 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 20, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We were planning 2022/3 We are now planning nothing. Will be waiting for medical insurance companies to clarify exactly the cover. Waiting for the USA to recover and waiting for flights etc to get back to normality and back to normality for FCO advice
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 20, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
disney babe
VIP Dibber

I dont think that's a good price, I paid 1700 for 3 ad with BA, meant to go this sat so school hols, that was with suv, ncl- miami, I know miami further than tampa but 575 is most I've ever paid due to booking after thomas cook went bust, prior to that was cheaper but hadnt booked
I. Drive july 92,DLP 98,99, 02, 04, comfort suites sept 03, southern dunes july 06, westridge july 09, RPR, orange tree, OKW july 12, chatham park, OKW oct 13, RPR, polo park east, AKL, july 14, CBBR, HRH, CBR, disney dream, BCV oct 15, La, Vegas, SF July 16, new york, GFV, CBR, BCV july 17, Miami, Rosen inn, CBBR july 18, LV, Anaheim Oct 18, rosen inn, aventura dec 18, Fl keys, AoA, portofino bay july 19, mirage LV oct 19, rosen inn, pop dec 19, POP, Rosen Inn, POFQ aug 22
disney babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 20, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
lilo82
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DISNEY 99 View Post
Have a tempting flydrive price £2,354 with depositfor 3A in June 2021. However as FCO currently advising not to travel at time of booking won't be covered for COVID. keep jumping between yes book and no don't take the risk. Would you take the gamble and book?
For me it's a no. Not without Insurance.
lilo82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 20, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
taffs travels
VIP Dibber

we rescheduled our May 20 holiday to May 21 , we rescheduled after Covid 19 was known , so are we not covered if we get ill before we go? it's all very confusing ?
taffs travels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 20, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Will_H
Excited about Disney

just got off a chat with cover for you.

I've now been told 2 different things now.They won't cover if you booked while fco advice is in place.

But on Friday they said it didn't matter when i booked... this is so confusing 😕
Will_H is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 20, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
AL1S0N
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

According to staysure the advice at time of booking is irrelevant. They also now offer full covid cover (Inc cancellation) at no extra cost
AL1S0N is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 20, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
steve30
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Will_H View Post
just got off a chat with cover for you.

I've now been told 2 different things now.They won't cover if you booked while fco advice is in place.

But on Friday they said it didn't matter when i booked... this is so confusing 😕
I was reading their scenarios and I think its clear that if booked while FCO advice is in place then you will get medical but not cancellation cover.

These two scenarios from here tell me this:coverforyou/coronavirus_cover.php

1) Government or other regulatory authority restrictions due to a pandemic were already in place at time of purchasing insurance/booking holiday and restrictions remain in place at time of departure preventing you from travelling.

No Cover - There is no cover under your policy for circumstances known to you at the point of purchase.
So if you travel and the advice has remained no cover whatsoever. Doubt anyone would do this to the USA anyways.

2) Current government restrictions are removed but are later reinstated due to COVID-19 pandemic (or other Pandemic illness) and prevent you from travelling.

No Cover - Your policy does not cover cancellation due to a pandemic.**
This seems to indicate medical cover would be OK, which I think is the best any of us could hope for booking at this time maybe?

Edited at 03:15 PM.
steve30 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 20, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by taffs travels View Post
we rescheduled our May 20 holiday to May 21 , we rescheduled after Covid 19 was known , so are we not covered if we get ill before we go? it's all very confusing ?
Check with your insurance. We didn’t rebook, but if we had, our insurance said we’d still be covered - they cover rebookings the same as the original trip. Ours did originally have pandemic cover included, so we’d still have been covered for a rebooked trip.

(None of this actually applies to us now, as we chose a refund instead, and they won’t offer any kind of covid-19 cover for a new booking.) Every insurer is different, but it’s worth seeing if your original trip was covered for pandemics, and if a rebooking retains the original cover.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 20, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Will_H
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by steve30 View Post
I was reading their scenarios and I think its clear that if booked while FCO advice is in place then you will get medical but not cancellation cover.

These two scenarios from here tell me this:coverforyou/coronavirus_cover.php

So if you travel and the advice has remained no cover whatsoever. Doubt anyone would do this to the USA anyways.

This seems to indicate medical cover would be OK, which I think is the best any of us could hope for booking at this time maybe?
Yep went all through that,and clarified with cover for you and the operator confirmed that we would not be covered for medical because we have booked while fco instructions are in place,regardless if they are lifted when we travel.

which is odd because i have just go off phone to coverwise and thay have confirmed,it doesnt matter when you booked,aslong as when you travel ,the FCO advice was lifted then we are covered.

and now i have been in contact with staysure and as suggested above,its irrelevant when you booked... so confusing

Edited at 03:37 PM.
Will_H is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List