Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 2 Oct 20, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
returnplanning
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
The sticky toffee trifle looks yum!
We had the sticky toffee trifle last year, I can confirm that it is yum!
Old 2 Oct 20, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Jakey Neverland View Post
81 items when I look, looks similar to last years selection.
I'm in Ireland so perhaps we're getting a smaller selection. I know the fish platter we usually order isn't there.

I'm actually not going to bother with an order and will just go in and buy whatever is there.

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
TigerMom
Apprentice Imagineer

We switched to Waitrose about 3 years ago and never looked back.
TigerMom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 20, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TigerMom View Post
We switched to Waitrose about 3 years ago and never looked back.
I’m going to try them this year I think
The white chocolate candles look stunning
inky1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

My mum is getting into a bit of a state over her M&S Christmas order. We usually all go through it and circle what we want/need. Then we (my sister and I) go and order and pay for it.
Dinner, at lunch time, is always at my mums and there is 9 of us (1 child) and then we have left over meat and other buffet items later on.
If we all can’t go my mum is refusing to even recognise Christmas, no tree or anything.
So she is refusing to even look at the food until we know what is happening closer to the time.

I assume a lot of people will hold off ordering unless they have less than 6 people anyway.
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
My mum is getting into a bit of a state over her M&S Christmas order. We usually all go through it and circle what we want/need. Then we (my sister and I) go and order and pay for it.
Dinner, at lunch time, is always at my mums and there is 9 of us (1 child) and then we have left over meat and other buffet items later on.
If we all can’t go my mum is refusing to even recognise Christmas, no tree or anything.
So she is refusing to even look at the food until we know what is happening closer to the time.

I assume a lot of people will hold off ordering unless they have less than 6 people anyway.
This is totally me we always do Xmas day and boxing day with my sisters family and our parents so 13 of us. There is 6 people in my family so I wont be doing a proper christmas meal if we cannot be with the rest of my family. I will order some bits and bobs but a lot depends on what will actually happen at Christmas.
Old 5 Oct 20, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Jakey Neverland View Post
This is totally me we always do Xmas day and boxing day with my sisters family and our parents so 13 of us. There is 6 people in my family so I wont be doing a proper christmas meal if we cannot be with the rest of my family. I will order some bits and bobs but a lot depends on what will actually happen at Christmas.
Definitely like us 😢
My sister and I take turns on boxing day to host a buffet for 13 of us or 15 if my sisters step daughter & partner comes too.
It may be false hope but I am thinking things might be relaxed again by then.
🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
So children need to be good so that Father Christmas brings presents!
Adults need to be good so that we can be with family! 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Mobile

It isn’t looking that ‘M&S’ this year, not one moment of excitement from me...
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Mobile

Just checked Waitrose
Some of it looked nice. But I am wondering why they felt the need to make all the vegan food look like dog turds?!
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
I don’t know what to order as I don’t know if we are stuck at home, or allowed to go to mums? I imagine many are in the same boat? We can have Phils dad here as he is in our bubble, but I can’t imagine mum and dad having to have Xmas in their own. We normally have 10 + for Christmas.

I find it hard to even start to plan while we are under local lockdown.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List