Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Oct 20, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Dan's Mum
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
part of the terms/deeds on this new estate are no "branded" work vans or caravans allowed on drives/street

i was amazed they can specify what you can/cant park on your own drive !
We've recently moved into a new build and yes we're not allowed caravans but bizarrely speedboats are also excluded specifically!

Dee x
Dan's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
i was amazed they can specify what you can/cant park on your own drive !
It's theirs to sell so they stipulate whatever they want, it's actually more common than you think. Many online retail giants won't sell to you if you come from certain countries or if you plan to use the product in certain ways
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Originally Posted by Dan's Mum View Post
We've recently moved into a new build and yes we're not allowed caravans but bizarrely speedboats are also excluded specifically!

Dee x
Our new build (which is now a teenage build) had a similar clause in the deeds, but it also had a "sunset" clause that said the restriction would remain until the developer had sold the final property on site and then a further 10 years had passed

Basically they wanted to make sure it didn't put any purchasers of buying from them, but didn't care one jot about future issues
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dan's Mum View Post

Dee x
no good if bullseye was still on tv...

guess they want their shiny new estate to appeal to a certain subset of buyers ?
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
no good if bullseye was still on tv...

guess they want their shiny new estate to appeal to a certain subset of buyers ?
I think it is more that they don't want to attract a certain subset which would put off the larger majority.

Our scuba club is forever having to maintain our speedboat (we have our boathouse so it inconveniences no-one) so I could only imagine how much "tinkering" would be going on most weekends if our street had loads of speedboats parked up
Old 19 Oct 20, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 123 View Post
It's theirs to sell so they stipulate whatever they want, it's actually more common than you think. Many online retail giants won't sell to you if you come from certain countries or if you plan to use the product in certain ways
as i say i guess they want these new estates to appeal to folk who dont want a tradesman or bizarrely caravan owners, next door

company i work for wont sell its products (IT) to certain countries/geographies but cant see who they can dictate what you use it for if they are willing to sell it to you ?
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 123 View Post
I think it is more that they don't want to attract a certain subset which would put off the larger majority.

Our scuba club is forever having to maintain our speedboat (we have our boathouse so it inconveniences no-one) so I could only imagine how much "tinkering" would be going on most weekends if our street had loads of speedboats parked up
dont think i'd care if people where fixing speedboats on their own drives ?

my neighbour restores old cars, on his drive there is a undrivable triumph herald and the front end of a triumph stag (the back end is in his garden...) its upto him what he does on his drive imo
Old 19 Oct 20, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cherrypie View Post
I’d be literally gutted if a neighbour parked a caravan on a drive - or a van tbh- I wouldn’t say anything but in all honesty if it stuck around I’d move. If it’s not on the deeds nothing they can do though. Do you like the look of it there or does it not bother you?
serious question

what if you/spouse/children got a new job that depended on a van

would you still feel the same ?

or maybe a "tradesmen" working on your house for a coouple of weeks would you make him park it elsewhere
Old 19 Oct 20, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

serious question

what if you/spouse/children got a new job that depended on a van

would you still feel the same ?

or maybe a "tradesmen" working on your house for a coouple of weeks would you make him park it elsewhere

When we bought our house DH used to park his company van around the corner as he felt bad about breaking the rules! It was only a small van too, basically a car with no back seats. Opposite had a huge transit van on their drive but still DH wouldn’t park on the drive until he swapped the van for a car. We’re also not supposed to have hedges yet we’ve always had one here, and another weird rule is that every garden has to have an apple tree
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Apple tree may be tied to the land may have been an orchard before change of use to housing.

Many house covenants are to do with previous use. Old farms having no chicken, pig etc covenants for example.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List