Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 2 Jul 18, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
cambsno
Serious Dibber

About to book Coronado Springs for May 2019 - a few questions first...

Planning on going 2nd May for 7 nights, CS comes out the cheapest for the moderate resorts but there are a few things bugging me...

1. Construction, the pool is closed from Sept(?) this year until the New Year... surely there is no danger of it still being closed in May?
2. Are there any major closures planned for CS? I know there is building work which is fine but don't want to have it where the food court for example is closed as was the case with CBR
3. Is the QS area like the other Disney ones in POR, CBR etc... I believe they have stopped this whole being seated, not getting your own drinks and then having to pay a gratuity?
cambsno is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 18, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
amandathepanda
Imagineer

Will be interested to see the answers as we have already booked for 2 weeks from 6th May 2019, we don’t tend to use the food court on site though.
Old 2 Jul 18, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Jcmickey
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

We have booked CSR for May 2019, reading about I think the consensus is it should all be done there or there abouts so might be some construction still on going but minimal. On the plus I would assume all the rooms will have been refurbed by then. HTH
Jcmickey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 18, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
CosmicGirl
Apprentice Imagineer

I've also booked CSR for that time .
I believe pool construction is supposed to be completed by December. If by any chance it does take twice as long as planned I will ask to be moved.
Back in November the Pepper Market ws indeed like other food courts with different stations. You can get your own drinks, fill your mugs, and sit wherever you want. No tips! You now pay between the food stations and the seating area instead of by the exit.
To my knowledge they're redoing the floors of the Pepper Market at the moment and there is no news of further work.

They will have to move the lobby area at some point but I don't think this will happen until the tower opens. In any case I think most outdoor work should be completed by then, except landscaping. I'm pretty sure all the rooms will be done, too!
CosmicGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 18, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
CosmicGirl
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by amandathepanda View Post
Will be interested to see the answers as we have already booked for 2 weeks from 6th May 2019, we don’t tend to use the food court on site though.
If by any chance you booked the 6th of May because there was no availabilty a few days before: they recently opened up the days that were unavailable! I had booked the 6th but wanted an arrival between April 26 and May 1. The block of unavailable nights opened up about 10 days ago and I was able to move my dates.
CosmicGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 18, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
buzz2001
Excited about Disney

1. pool work is scheduled to be done by 12/12/18
2. nothing is currently planned for major closures at this time
3. the Pepper Market is now like any other QS.
buzz2001 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List