Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Mar 19, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
SimonB
Imagineer

Mobile Bose QC35ii Headphones worth it?

Thinking of investing in a pair of these. Tbh I’m a Sennheiser user and currently use the Urbanite XL. After a pair of wireless noise cancelling ones.

Love the Sennheiser and the bass but they do leak sound leading to jabs in the stomach when interrupting Eastenders.

Do the Bose leak sound and are they worth it?
SimonB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Mobile

I can’t help with a review on that but just wanted to say that I have been in the Bose outlet at Cheshire Oaks today (not sure where about in the UK you are) and I am pretty sure they had these in so would be discounted from the regular price. Hope this helps.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I bought the Sony’s, Sennheiser and Bose to try all 3. I kept the Bose. They are excellent and the best of the bunch (albeit when I bought my Bose the Sony’s were only at mk2 they are now at mk3).

I have a large head and the other two hurt my head, the Bose were the only ones that I could keep on for hours on end- 8 hours no problem.

Sony’s have slightly better sound, but looked like Metal Mickey and were not comfy. Senheisser were also uncomfy, had slightly better sound but worse noise cancellation.

Only thing I don’t like is the Bluetooth connection sometimes skips, when connected to Android, it’s a bit weak. No problems with my iPad though.

I’m not sure if it is still the best deal, but if you bought them from Amazon.es and selected the quick (48 hour ?) delivery option, they were cheaper and came from the U.K. warehouse.
Old 17 Mar 19, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Not a huge fan of Bose but they definitely make the best noise cancelling headphones.
Best I've tried anyway, some costing much more.

Panasonic 'over the ear' are also worth a try. Maybe not the first name that comes to mind but I received two pairs as a gift and they're very good.
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Jcmickey
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

I personally have the B&O H8 and found them very comfortable and excellent sound quality, if you look around B&o have a eBay outlet as well got mine from there and they were brand new wrapped up. Def a slightly outside choice but the noise canceling is excellent, performed a lot better than I expected
Jcmickey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 07:05 AM  
Link to this Post
joxxxxx
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Mobile

Have you looked at Bowers and Wilkins? Excellent headphones, really comfy, brilliant sound quality, adaptive noise cancelling, zero leakage.
joxxxxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
SimonB
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for all the replies. Still undecided, think I’ll have to go into a shop and try them all out. Spending over £200 on a set of headphones is totally alien to me. The Bowers and Wilkins ones look the business. Hadn’t considered B and O but their reputation does go before them.
SimonB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Neil & Stella
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Stella got me the Bose QCs for Christmas '18 and I love them. I don't wear headphones all that often, but when I do they need to be decent and these definitely exceed decent.

To be honest DDs boyfriend is using them more than me at the moment, as he does a lot of gaming and is deaf. He uses two hearing aids and finding something that works well and is comfortable for hours is difficult, but he loves my Bose. I've told DD that she needs to get him his own pair, so I can get mine back.
Old 18 Mar 19, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
leenkerri
Imagineer

Mobile

I went for the Bose In the end as I found them the most comfortable. And they work well with Alexa when I want to turn lights on or my heating down when I’m sat listening to music being a lazy git 😊

Lee: QIP 1990; Fantasy world villas 1992; QIP 1996
Lee & Kerri: QIP 2008; QIP/AKL 2009; POR 2010; QIP/SSR 2011
leenkerri is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

Yes, I have two pairs, old QC 15s wired and a pair of QC35s, my son gas qc35s and QC 30 ear buds, the wife has QC35s
Safe to say we love the rich sound they produce.
Had sennhiesers and Sony ear buds and headphones, we just don’t like them as much

HOWEVER you need to try all the different company options as one companies may suit your particular ears in terms of sound than another
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List