Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 10 May 19, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Hombody1976
Helping Minnie

Mobile Is Garden Grocer still allowed to deliver and whats your experience?

Hoping to stay at all star movies. No car.
Anyone had grocery delivery and how does it work? Looking at cereal, milk, snacks etc. Deliver b4 you arrive or after?
Hombody1976 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Cupcake33
Excited about Disney

I used them in 2017 and found them great. I received a text to say that my order had arrived at the hotel. When we checked in I asked at reception if they could deliver it to our room which they did. I have read somewhere that there is now a charge for this? I think around $6?
Cupcake33 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
andyb1126
Serious Dibber

Yes we have used them on our last two trips and they have been perfect every time. They are more expensive than others available but I keep reading about other people using Amazon Prime or Instacart and having lots of issues so Im going to stick with them this year.

Also, they seem to be one of the few that will deliver alcohol without you being there in person. We book our slot for just before our arrival time, they leave it with bell services, then when we are in our room you can call down and they will bring it to your room for you. I think they have recently starting charging $5 for storing for you though.
andyb1126 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Disney now charging $5 delivery charge plus another $6 if you want it delivered to your room but yes GC still allowed
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
scottsman
Apprentice Imagineer

Personally by the time you pay the inflated prices and various fees (they are providing a service so they have every right to this) I would rather pay for an Uber to walmart and pick up the shopping myself, its a good idea to do it in the heat of the day when the prk are busy
scottsman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scottsman View Post
Personally by the time you pay the inflated prices and various fees (they are providing a service so they have every right to this) I would rather pay for an Uber to walmart and pick up the shopping myself, its a good idea to do it in the heat of the day when the prk are busy
Can I ask what your experiences are if Uber prices. Never stayed on site or got an Uber!
Would you know roughly How much would it be for Uber to Walmart from Pofq?
Thanks tc
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
andyb1126
Serious Dibber

If you go here you cen get estimate prices for Ubers

uber/us/en/price-estimate/

Says to the Supercentre on Vineland around $10
andyb1126 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

We just used for arrival day as are more expensive - but when tired and unsure when you will arrive, it's great to know you will have a starter back for first few days.
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Hombody1976
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Just doin some more research and i put the all star movies address in the walmart shopping webpage and it says they deliver! Far more choice and alot cheaper. Anyone used this?
Hombody1976 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
andream1602
New Poster (2)

Mobile

Hombody..what did you do to look at the correct Walmart? We are in a villa and the last thing I want to do is go food shopping so if I can order in advance that would be great.
andream1602 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List