Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 13 Aug 19, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Lyrad
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile FastPass planning

So it’s our 60 days tomorrow and I’ve just gone through with my other half my plan of action and what rides I want to get and when so he knows what’s what and he just says oh this is too much like a military operation doesn’t seem fun at all - such a Debbie downer 🙄
Although deep down I am dreading crowds don’t want to tell him that though! (will be in Disney 13th-20th Oct)
Lyrad is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Alwaysdisley
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’m sure all of your planning will pay off and he’ll appreciate it once you’re there. You can always change plans on the day but it’s good to have some FP’s in there in case you want them.
I think if you have done a bit of planning and focus on what means you will have a good time the crowds are just there while you do it, we’ve done Easter, Feb, Summer and Oct and I’ve never felt the crowds had a negative impact on my time.
Best thing is you’re off to Disney 😉
Alwaysdisley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Lyrad

Mobile

Originally Posted by Alwaysdisley View Post
I’m sure all of your planning will pay off and he’ll appreciate it once you’re there. You can always change plans on the day but it’s good to have some FP’s in there in case you want them.
I think if you have done a bit of planning and focus on what means you will have a good time the crowds are just there while you do it, we’ve done Easter, Feb, Summer and Oct and I’ve never felt the crowds had a negative impact on my time.
Best thing is you’re off to Disney 😉
Thanks for the positivity ☺️☺️
Old 14 Aug 19, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Fefster
Excited about Disney

They always say that, but when you get there and you aren't waiting in a massive line, they will appreciate it. You can still be flexible even with your plan, but at least you have the option to ride or eat if you want to without queues.
Fefster is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
bex85chelt
Excited about Disney

It always seems like a lot of planning and too strict to 'non-planners', but at the end of the day, you're booking 3 queue jumps that you can access during a 1 hour period. If you are there and available you just walk over and get to feel smug walking past everyone queuing, and if your plans change so can your fast passes etc, no-one is going to force you to follow your plan - thats the key thing, don't let it dictate your holiday, let it enhance it
bex85chelt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Lyrad

Mobile

Thank you - did our fastpasses today and got everything we wanted at the times we wanted them so already winning ☺️
Old 15 Aug 19, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Trumper
Trying for More Ears

Is it still 60 day before when you can book fast passes or is that for people staying in Disney hotels. Can’t remember as it’s a few years since we were last there.
Trumper is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Stepaway
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Trumper View Post
Is it still 60 day before when you can book fast passes or is that for people staying in Disney hotels. Can’t remember as it’s a few years since we were last there.
60 days for onsite guests and 30 dats for everyone else
Stepaway is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 02:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Andy C
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lyrad View Post
So it’s our 60 days tomorrow and I’ve just gone through with my other half my plan of action and what rides I want to get and when so he knows what’s what and he just says oh this is too much like a military operation doesn’t seem fun at all - such a Debbie downer 🙄
Although deep down I am dreading crowds don’t want to tell him that though! (will be in Disney 13th-20th Oct)
The first time we went out, DW thought I was being absurdly over-prepared and doing ridiculously detailed plans.

Nowadays, she marches me to the computer well in advance of our leaving date, plies me with cups of tea, and asks how the itinerary is coming along and when the deadlines are for Fastpass openings.

My sister tried to play it by ear as she went along when she took her family at Easter. They ended up queuing for 3 hours for Space Mountain in blazing heat, among other long waits. I think that was the only headliner they did, among maybe five rides in total.

We did Magic Kingdom today. We spent maybe an hour and a quarter in queues all day - while doing Big Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, Seven Dwarves, Space Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, Jungle Cruise, Winnie The Pooh, Under The Sea, Monsters Inc Laugh Floor, meeting Buzz Lightyear, and also wandering leisurely through Swiss Family Treehouse, watching the (rain-version) parade, eating funnel cake at Liberty Square, watching the Muppets at the Hall of Presidents, wandering around the park and taking in the ambience, and spending some time (and money) in the shops on Main Street, before leaving at around 4.30 to relax at the villa before going out for dinner.

You can tell him that you either choose what rides you go on in advance, or choose which queues to spend the day in when you get there. Loads of people are sceptical before coming her for the first time; everyone is a believer in planning after their first trip.
Andy C is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Lyrad

Mobile

Originally Posted by Andy C View Post
The first time we went out, DW thought I was being absurdly over-prepared and doing ridiculously detailed plans.

Nowadays, she marches me to the computer well in advance of our leaving date, plies me with cups of tea, and asks how the itinerary is coming along and when the deadlines are for Fastpass openings.

My sister tried to play it by ear as she went along when she took her family at Easter. They ended up queuing for 3 hours for Space Mountain in blazing heat, among other long waits. I think that was the only headliner they did, among maybe five rides in total.

We did Magic Kingdom today. We spent maybe an hour and a quarter in queues all day - while doing Big Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, Seven Dwarves, Space Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, Jungle Cruise, Winnie The Pooh, Under The Sea, Monsters Inc Laugh Floor, meeting Buzz Lightyear, and also wandering leisurely through Swiss Family Treehouse, watching the (rain-version) parade, eating funnel cake at Liberty Square, watching the Muppets at the Hall of Presidents, wandering around the park and taking in the ambience, and spending some time (and money) in the shops on Main Street, before leaving at around 4.30 to relax at the villa before going out for dinner.

You can tell him that you either choose what rides you go on in advance, or choose which queues to spend the day in when you get there. Loads of people are sceptical before coming her for the first time; everyone is a believer in planning after their first trip.
This sounds like an absolute fabulous day ☺️