Notices

Old 15 Feb 20, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Goosey-Lucy
slightly serious Dibber

Shop, Eat, Sunbathe, Repeat! May 2020 - Pre-trip report

Hi everyone!

So we’re back to the Sunshine State for 2 weeks in May, 1st to 15th to be exact!
I warn you now, I don’t have a very good track record for trip reports, the only one I’ve ever completed is our wedding trip report which you can find here. The other two times I’ve managed the pre-trip report, oops!

However I’m determined this time and if you’re anything like me and you’d prefer to read the trip reports that involve a lot of shopping, eating and pottering around then all day every day parks, you’re in for a treat!

I’ll get the introductions out the way first:
Me (Lucy) 27
Shopaholic, sun worshipper and foodaholic haha
Husband (Chris) 30
NFL fan (Go Dolphins!), wearer of ball caps and foodaholic also

We tend to share planning responsibilities, so he’s suggested some activities and so have I, although he is chief driver!

The title gives away what our main plans are, but we do have a beach day in mind at Anna Maria Island and we definitely want to go to the Orlando Science Centre

I feel a bit fed up with the outlets in Orlando, the deals are just not as good as they used to be, so I’ve planned to pop into the Ellenton outlets on the way back from AMI and Chris is happy to drive to Lutz, which is just outside of Tampa, to go to the outlets there
There’s a Disney outlet there that I’m hoping won’t have a 10 hour que to get in

We’re staying at a villa in Doral Woods, which is near Poinciana, the villa itself is absolutely beautiful!
We did have a bit of a heart attack moment a few weeks ago when the villa owner contacted us to say they were selling the villa! Luckily they had another villa in the next road across so she transferred our booking to that one, phew!

Flight wise, we’re flying Virgin from Manchester, changing in Atlanta then down to Orlando, the second legs with Delta
We got a pretty good deal on the flights and both me and Chris are aviation nerds so were very keen to fly on a 747 again before they’re retired!

I think they’re the main details anyway, I’ve got a list of restaurants on my phone we want to try and I think a lot of our time will be spent in Disney Springs, malls and at the villa!

Thanks for reading the pre-trippy!
Goosey-Lucy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Great start to your pre trippie! Hopefully you do write your trip report! I have the same problem but this year I’m determined to make it happen! Interested to hear the restaurants your wanting to try!
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Goosey-Lucy
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Elsa42 View Post
Great start to your pre trippie! Hopefully you do write your trip report! I have the same problem but this year I’m determined to make it happen! Interested to hear the restaurants your wanting to try!
I am determined this year to do it, I’ve brought myself a nice notebook and everything, I have no excuse haha!
You’ll have to wait and see then 😁
Goosey-Lucy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracey2019
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Hope you have an amazing time 😍 ds and i are there 5th-19th may and he is beyond excited for his first florida trip and we still have 79 looooong days to wait 😭😂
Tracey2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Sounds very exciting! Not long now until your trip - I’ll definitely be reading along, and I love looking at shopping hauls - with 4 kids we couldn't afford much shopping when we went, so i'm sure I’ll have shopping envy when I read your report!
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Goosey-Lucy
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tracey2019 View Post
Hope you have an amazing time 😍 ds and i are there 5th-19th may and he is beyond excited for his first florida trip and we still have 79 looooong days to wait 😭😂
How exciting! What are your plans for your trip?
Old 15 Feb 20, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Goosey-Lucy
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Michyloulou View Post
Sounds very exciting! Not long now until your trip - I’ll definitely be reading along, and I love looking at shopping hauls - with 4 kids we couldn't afford much shopping when we went, so i'm sure I’ll have shopping envy when I read your report!
Awh thank you! 😁
Old 15 Feb 20, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracey2019
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Goosey-Lucy View Post
How exciting! What are your plans for your trip?
We are doing disney of course and ive booked the fantasia dining package eating at hollywood and vine and the festival of the lion king vip package (so excited &#128525 and will book a character breakfast dependent on ds.
Also have seaworld tickets and have the dine with killer whales and penguin experience to look forward to. Busch gardens will be visited too. Universal will be too if i can find some tickets in walmart or not too dear from universal itself
Tracey2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Goosey-Lucy
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tracey2019 View Post
We are doing disney of course and ive booked the fantasia dining package eating at hollywood and vine and the festival of the lion king vip package (so excited &#128525 and will book a character breakfast dependent on ds.
Also have seaworld tickets and have the dine with killer whales and penguin experience to look forward to. Busch gardens will be visited too. Universal will be too if i can find some tickets in walmart or not too dear from universal itself
Sounds like you’ll have an amazing time, especially with it being DS first time 😃
Old 25 Feb 20, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU68
Very Serious Dibber

I am dithering myself about doing a TR, a you can see in my signature I started off with good intentions one year! I have even started to do a Highs and Lows for a couple of trips but they never got beyond a Word document I do love reading other peoples so maybe we can encourage each other
Me and DH fly from MAN on 08/05 and heading to unchartered waters 10 nights AMI and rest I.Drive. Does what it says on the countdown
LOU68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List