Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Feb 20, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Ld1978
Being a bit Goofy

Another pushchair thread

Hey

We go in Sept and eldest will be nearly turning 7 (in the Nov) and youngest 3 and a half.

Obviously the littlest will need a pushchair but will the oldest (I imagine she would like the option - I know I would lol)

Would you rent out there, or take with you? And would you just make do with a single they can bundle in together or get a double (just conscious the eldest isnt that young or small anymore)

Thanks
Old 18 Feb 20, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
howerd
VIP Dibber

We are going to be taking a double buggy for our 2 (6, 3). It just saves the arguments (if we were to have a single one) and easier if you have a long walk which neither of them want to do (and Saves my husband carrying them ). We are a bit concerned about our eldest size, but I’m sure it’ll be fine.

We have always taken ours, it’s a bit of a pain getting it there, but we bought a 2nd hand double one a couple of years ago which was the same price as renting it, so has worked quite well.

Edited at 11:54 AM.
howerd is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Ld1978
Being a bit Goofy

We have a baby jogger city mini which is a decent size, not sure about manouvering a double but I also know what you mean about the arguments too lol!
Old 18 Feb 20, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

My little one hated a pushchair form 4 but we took one to Disney when she was 8 and she did get in it and wanted to be in more than we woudl allow, we took it to carry the cooler and stuff bought from ebay left in buggy park on the last day
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
howerd
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Ld1978 View Post
We have a baby jogger city mini which is a decent size, not sure about manouvering a double but I also know what you mean about the arguments too lol!
We had the double version of the city mini jogger, it was fine getting around with it. we felt we were pushing a pram anyway so may as well get one to fit them both in.

Ours has just died on us though (argument with a Washing machine!), so we need to get another for this trip!
howerd is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Ld1978
Being a bit Goofy

I dont know whether to buy one and have the hassle of the plane, or rent one from Kingdom strollers
Old 18 Feb 20, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

we bought a 2nd hand baby jogger city mini double for our 2018 trip off of a facebook site/ It was handy to have it for the airports etc. hoping we will dig it out of the garage in one piece for our trip this year. Ours will be 5 and a half and three this year.
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve done both, for 2018 I hired a city mini gt which was great. Worked out about £100 ish for two weeks. However I really missed having it for our last day walking around Disney springs having to carry our youngest.
Last year I got a second hand (well practically new) city mini from eBay and took that.
Meant to just be taking a single this year for our 3 yo but to avoid the arguments I’m taking the double again.
Eldest is six and massive, but still fits no problem and as the sun hood is massive he is still covered.
It’s not always just about walking, last year ds would hop in just for a bit of shade.

We won’t take it to the gate, check it in with the other bags.
If you already have a double I would take it, provided it will fit in the car etc
LLamb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Lou1982
VIP Dibber

Lou1982's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 22
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We rented strollers from kingdom strollers 5 times, 3 times we got and double and twice just a single. Service was always great and strollers were always in great condition. We never needed strollers at the airport so I didn’t want the hassle of bringing our own. Plus I didn’t want my own expensive strollers getting damaged.
Lou1982 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
suehen
Imagineer

We are hiring a double it was only $10 in the price for a single and double so it makes sense for your 2 GD who will be 2 and 5 the eldest as not used a pram for at 2 years. Its the heat and walking which will take its toll so much easier with the double.
suehen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List