Old 22 Feb 20, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
How many nights at Universal?

We are travelling in May for 2 weeks and I have a reservation for one night in RPR but am starting to think I might book a second night.
How many nights do people typically stay there when doing short stays as part of their trip?
There’s only 2 of us and we aren’t doing VB.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkerella123
Imagineer

Mobile

We only book one night and can do both parks in those two days with the express pass.
tinkerella123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
like a dog with a bone

When I'm doing Disney and other parks we only stay one night at Universal for the express passes, knowing we can always go back if we want too.
But we have stayed their for 2 weeks too.

Port Orleans Riverside ~ Oct 2012
Hard Rock Hotel (no Disney!) ~ Aug 2016
New York, Sheraton NY Times Square ~ Feb 2017
Santorini, Dana Villas ~ Aug 2017
Yacht Club ~ Sept 2018
Caribbean Cruise, P&O ~ Mar 2019
Caribbean Beach Resort ~ May 2022 & May 2023
Drury Plaza (first adults only trip!) ~ Aug 2024

Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I don’t actually know why I started thinking about it as we will probably get everything done in the two days. We’ve done two night stays in the past but when we were staying at villas and for the novelty of using the hotel pool. This year we’re onsite with Disney so will have the hotel pools to use every day there.
What time do you plan to arrive at the hotel for check in?

Edited at 05:43 PM.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We’ve done 1 night and 4 nights before. This year we’re doing 2 at the start of the trip. I think it depends how you do it. We did 1 night while staying at Disney but did go back and visit Universal another day. When we did 4 nights at the start we didn’t go back to Universal and this year I doubt we’ll go back after our stay.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Quartz
Excited about Disney

We have done between 1 and 5 nights so it depends on if you have the Disney hotel at the same time 1 is definitely enough.

We usually now do 3 before heading to Disney (5 came about as too many nights at Beach Club was too expensive)
Quartz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 02:19 AM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
IMHO 2 days will allow you to get see what you want, and personally I prefer the Universal parks even if you do not have express passes as the queues never seem to be as bad as Disneys and I feel I can always get more done in a day. With express passes you are almost laughing. I say almost, because in my experience single riders, if you are able, trumps express pass by a mile and you can finish earlier .
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post

We are two adults, going in December and isn’t be going to VB. We have in the last done longer stays at Universal but last time we decided we don’t need another long stay there. So we have booked two nights at HRH but on checkout day I think we will probably head back to Disney (where we will stay for final two nights) so just two days in the Universal parks.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

Mobile

We’re doing 3, we’re doing volcano Bay and I have 2 boys that I know will love Universal so 2 days just didn’t seem enough in comparison to 12 nights Disney.
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

If not during HHN we do one I& HHN it’s 2 we now actually don’t stay overnight on HHN take the Gdks back to the villa and leave the less faint hearted to it and meet them around 10 second /third day
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List