Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 6 May 20, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Allyfe
Trainee Dibber

CBR, CSR or AKL

I have been obsessively checking for the free dining, because I am dreaming about Disney world next year.

We had an amazing holiday in SSR in 2018. It was an insane bargain and we got DDP included. Having thought we would do QSDP this time, my family have said they can't live without DDP because all of the character meals (and the breakfasts for my hubby) are an essential part of the experience.

This year, we aren't sure which resort to aim for. We were thinking CBR, but then CSR popped up (in my pre-free dining search) once, at a really good price. I'm also dreaming about AKL, and have read that it can be almost the same price to upgrade dining plans.

I'm not sure about location. We have discounted POR and POFQ because we want to be somewhere different (and aren't fussed about Disney Springs).

We are 2A and 2C (10 & 12 so adults in the eyes of Disney!).

Any thoughts/opinions on best resort/location?

Thanks!
Allyfe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 20, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
candycat75
Imagineer

candycat75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Well I haven't stayed there yet but animal kingdom lodge would be my choice.
Old 6 May 20, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

AKL or any deluxe would be my choice but looking at options now ( and on a budget) AKL would be a lot more
expensive so if that were the case i would go with a moderate resort..That is what we are looking at!...We are thinking CS would maybe be the cheapest Waiting of course for free dining!

Edited at 01:19 PM.
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 20, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Allyfe
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by macdonald View Post
AKL or any deluxe would be my choice but looking at options now ( and on a budget) AKL would be a lot more
expensive so if that were the case i would go with a moderate resort..That is what we are looking at!...We are thinking CS would maybe be the cheapest Waiting of course for free dining!
AKL looks a lot more expensive at the moment. CSR was the cheapest moderate (for about five minutes, before it disappeared). I'm sort of hoping that it comes back at the same cheap price (with free dining). I think that AKL would need to be discounted a lot before it was similar...but I am also wondering if we book for the cheapest moderate as soon as they are available, if they discount later on, we could perhaps switch to a deluxe then (within the free dining offer). Am I right in thinking that if we book direct with Disney doing that is easy?
Allyfe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 20, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Mobile

Stayed at CSR last October and thought it was a beautiful resort, wouldn’t hesitate to stay there again
Bazinga 39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 20, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Allyfe View Post
AKL looks a lot more expensive at the moment. CSR was the cheapest moderate (for about five minutes, before it disappeared). I'm sort of hoping that it comes back at the same cheap price (with free dining). I think that AKL would need to be discounted a lot before it was similar...but I am also wondering if we book for the cheapest moderate as soon as they are available, if they discount later on, we could perhaps switch to a deluxe then (within the free dining offer). Am I right in thinking that if we book direct with Disney doing that is easy?
... yes you can always upgrade to any resort free of charge if a room becomes available..
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 20, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Allyfe
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by macdonald View Post
... yes you can always upgrade to any resort free of charge if a room becomes available..

So, perhaps the question is then...

CBR

or

CSR?

Which is the best resort (I know this will be personal taste, but opinions are always helpful)? And which is the best location?

For CBR I know there is the skyliner, but for CSR is it easier to get to the waterpark? Can you walk to AK?

So much to decide in optimistic anticipation of Free Dining
Old 6 May 20, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Ktdickson
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Can I ask what sites your looking at for pricing- my searches keep coming up with CSR being the most expensive moderate! It could be my dates though I guess!
Ktdickson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 20, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Allyfe
Trainee Dibber

It was on disney holidays - but I should say I saw it once, and it has disappeared since. But at the moment most of the hotels aren't showing their standard rooms (and it was that that I saw at CSR) so I'm 'hoping' that these cheaper rooms will re-appear after awhile, because I simply don't believe that they are currently all booked (even with rebookings etc.).
Old 6 May 20, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Ktdickson
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Thanks! I think I remember this happening before free dining was released last year, so here’s hoping! 🙏🏻
Ktdickson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List