Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 May 20, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
keely21
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Taking my toddler and kids alone

Hi, know idea what the future holds with everything going on but I've booked for september 2021and hoping it all goes ahead. Its lovely to have something to look forward to. My other half doesnt want to come so it will just be me, a toddler and my 2 children. I'm so nervous at travelling alone with them. Has anyone else travelled alone with children. How did you manage it? Any tips pls. Especially tips for travelling with a toddler! She will be 3!
Old 9 May 20, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
If I was going to go anywhere on my own with my kids, it would be Disney! You will have a blast, and even better that you wont have to take drag a grumpy husband around with you!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 20, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
keely21
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
If I was going to go anywhere on my own with my kids, it would be Disney! You will have a blast, and even better that you wont have to take drag a grumpy husband around with you!
Hes been to disney twice but doesnt want to go again. He would rather stay home! I'm not gonna let that stop me though. This will be my fourth time going but my childrens second time. They went when they were young and my little girls first visit. I'm nervous but cant wait!
Old 9 May 20, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
sameeel
VIP Dibber

Hiya

My hubby is so disneyed out he’s a chore to take.
I went with my youngest on our own 2 years ago ( 11 at time ) and we had an absolute blast. Disney really looked out for us and even checked in daily o make sure we was all ok

We are meant to be going again as per my countdown and was so so looking forward to it.

How old our your other kids? I definitely recommend going on your own xx
Old 9 May 20, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
candycat75
Imagineer

candycat75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I have been four times on my own with my kids but they are older though.
Old 9 May 20, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
keely21
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by sameeel View Post
Hiya

My hubby is so disneyed out he’s a chore to take.
I went with my youngest on our own 2 years ago ( 11 at time ) and we had an absolute blast. Disney really looked out for us and even checked in daily o make sure we was all ok

We are meant to be going again as per my countdown and was so so looking forward to it.

How old our your other kids? I definitely recommend going on your own xx
My other children will be 12 and 13 when we go. Luckily I have an aunt that lives out there so if I have any problems I can call on her. I'm sure it will be ok, I've just never done this before.
Old 9 May 20, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Weddingnyc
Apprentice Imagineer

I would have no problem taking my 3 on my own, especially as your kids are older they are more responsible and independent, can help you get organised, etc. Plus, I would leave my older two at a table in a restaurant whilst at a buffet, go to the toilet, etc.
how are the older 2 on the plane, can they swim?
NY and Boston July 2020
Weddingnyc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 20, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
sameeel
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by keely21 View Post
My other children will be 12 and 13 when we go. Luckily I have an aunt that lives out there so if I have any problems I can call on her. I'm sure it will be ok, I've just never done this before.
Oh you will have a ball... do it

I was concerned when I went on my own with DS - I have anxiety and imagine the worst possible scenarios ever, but did feel reassured when a couple of parents from school were also going same time so had a contact if needed .. it was super fine though and I’m so glad i went, we’ve been away 4 other times minus hubby since ( skiing in Italy and turkey for the sun &#127774

Edited at 09:29 PM.
sameeel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 20, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Elise79
Imagineer

As a single mum I have travelled with DD since she was 9 on our own, we had done WDW, DL and DCL. We love it!

As your other two are older you'll be fine - if you were taking 3 under 10 for instance I might think twice!
Elise79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List