Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 May 20, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
tolton
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Norwegian - cancelling Summer 2020 flights?

Just checked my bkg for August on Norwegian.com the site advised that we are unable to upgrade so thought I'd look at a dummy bkg and see what the price is on there.

Upon checking I noticed that Norwegian have put online that their flights are completely sold out for all of July & August, no matter which route (TPA, MCO or MIA). I called Norwegian and asked if this means they are about to start cancelling flights, they advised that they are just completely sold out for any Orlando flights in July & August.

I'm pretty sceptical that they've completely sold out of every seat on every flight for the Summer season (if of course there is a Summer season). Has anyone that's booked with them heard anything to the contrary?
tolton is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Norwegian withdrew all their international services some time ago.

Here's a copy of their press release:-

media.uk.norwegian/press...eagues-2982294

Here is the link for Covid FAQ's on Norwegian

norwegian/uk/flight-status/updates/

Check you inbox and junk mail in case there is an email from them.

So sorry you had to find out like this and hopefully Dibb members will be along with their experiences and suggestions soon.

Edited to add: Norwegian have obtained finance from the Norwegian government but have not announced any intentions to resume confirmed international operations in the near future. They still have services showing from September onwards so we will have to wait and see what is announced - lets hope it is soon.

Edited at 12:34 PM.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Thanks for posting this. I had thought that they were withdrawing their international departures from their Scandinavian bases only.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
Thanks for posting this. I had thought that they were withdrawing their international departures from their Scandinavian bases only.
Sorry I didn't make my thoughts as clear as I should have.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by stanleycamel View Post
Sorry I didn't make my thoughts as clear as I should have.
Not a problem - it's extremely complex and I am struggling to understand all the permutations. Thank you for clarification.

Edited at 12:49 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
TJCCFC17
I want to go now!

Mobile

We're due to fly on 13th August with Norwegian from Gatwick to Orlando. I've just spoken to them and as it stands our flight is officially still scheduled. They have said that only flights up until 30th June have been cancelled so far.

I fully expect our to be cancelled also at some point but for now they're still trying to steer us towards converting to Cashpoints.
TJCCFC17 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
tolton

Thanks both - appreciate the info'. I'm not too concerned if they do cancel as I intentionally booked on my Amex so that I was covered for a refund if Norwegian were to go bust. Having spoken to Amex they've said they'll refund the flight purchases as soon as Norwegian send me notice of flight cancellation, so I'm fairly chilled about it all.

As soon as cancellation is 100% confirmed by Norwegian then I'll get my claim in and wait to see if we can travel in August, if not then we'll just re-schedule. Although that's not ideal we're expecting it and it's a case of when we're heading back to Orlando, rather than if. Just got to try and keep it as positive as I can.

Thanks again.
tolton is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
tolton

Originally Posted by TJCCFC17 View Post
We're due to fly on 13th August with Norwegian from Gatwick to Orlando. I've just spoken to them and as it stands our flight is officially still scheduled. They have said that only flights up until 30th June have been cancelled so far.

I fully expect our to be cancelled also at some point but for now they're still trying to steer us towards converting to Cashpoints.
Same flight as us then. We're not interested in Cashpoints at all, even with them offering the 20% premium. Waiting for them to officially cancel the flights and then straight onto Amex to get my money back.
Old 29 May 20, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
penguin19
Imagineer

penguin19's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

We are booked with Norweigen - 19th July (we've actually changed our holiday to 16th August).

We are confident Norwegian will not be flying and will have to cancel our flight and refund us. They are trying desperately to get us to accept cash points (constant emails telling us this is possible) but we have no interest in that.

DCL - 19,21,21,22,23,23
penguin19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Lau-nicole
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We are booked to fly with Norwegian in October and have pretty much written it off...

I called them last week regarding the news that they are grounding international flights until 2021 and they basically told me they can not say for sure whether my flight will go ahead as they are prioritising sorting out earlier flights at the moment. It felt like their call operators had been trained to talk around any questions relating to the news.

Fairly certain they’ll cancel our flight in a few months, I’m holding tight until that happens so I’m entitled to a full refund.
Lau-nicole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List