Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Jul 20, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
precious
Helping Mickey

Wont sell on ebay anymore

We sold my husbands Apple watch series 5 last weekend, there was nothing wrong with it, in perfect condition. The buyer (I knew would be trouble as soon as they bought it as started asking a hundred silly questions, should have listened to my gut)received the watch on the monday morning.
This afternoon(5 days after receiving it), put in a returns request saying not as described, that it doesn't connect to EE (we bought it from EE) and that there was a scratch that we failed to mention, they sent a picture of it and that scratch was not there when we sold it.
We were polite and replied explaining how to solve the issue of it not connecting to EE and that the scratch wasn't there when we sent it and that it had taken 5 days to raise an issue, she said Regardless, she just wanted to return it.
We spoke to ebay who were useless, they do not care about sellers. We told her the woman was being fraudulent and would be returning a damaged watch that was not sold to her like that and to top it we have to pay the return postage.
They didn't care, so now we are going to be out of pocket and have a damaged watch that we prob wont be able to sell once got it back or if we can for a lot less because of what the buyer has done.
Very sorry for the rant just not very happy at the moment. Ebay have now lost my custom as a seller and buyer.
precious is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 20, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by precious View Post
We sold my husbands Apple watch series 5 last weekend, there was nothing wrong with it, in perfect condition. The buyer (I knew would be trouble as soon as they bought it as started asking a hundred silly questions, should have listened to my gut)received the watch on the monday morning.
This afternoon(5 days after receiving it), put in a returns request saying not as described, that it doesn't connect to EE (we bought it from EE) and that there was a scratch that we failed to mention, they sent a picture of it and that scratch was not there when we sold it.
We were polite and replied explaining how to solve the issue of it not connecting to EE and that the scratch wasn't there when we sent it and that it had taken 5 days to raise an issue, she said Regardless, she just wanted to return it.
We spoke to ebay who were useless, they do not care about sellers. We told her the woman was being fraudulent and would be returning a damaged watch that was not sold to her like that and to top it we have to pay the return postage.
They didn't care, so now we are going to be out of pocket and have a damaged watch that we prob wont be able to sell once got it back or if we can for a lot less because of what the buyer has done.
Very sorry for the rant just not very happy at the moment. Ebay have now lost my custom as a seller and buyer.
Sorry to hear when ever I sell I use gumtree or our local adds a lot better I even used the market place on Facebook never use eBay
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 20, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
KayLouise
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I know exactly how you feel. We once sold a games console on eBay and all was fine until the buyer received it, saying it didn't work (it did). They demanded a refund, which of course we obliged and they sent the console back to us. The console we got back did not work, it also wasn't the same console. We had noted the serial number before sending it. So they basically got a perfect working console for free. EBay didn't want to know. All they cared about was the buyer got their refund. Would never ever sell anything worth more than a few quid on there again. Absolutely hate scammers 😡😡
Old 25 Jul 20, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
COL41
Imagineer

We used to buy and sell a lot on Ebay but been very hit and miss lately. Have sold a couple of items recently, quite clearly shown as collection only and yet the winning bidders have lived hundreds of miles away and when I've messaged them, they've either not replied or claimed to have assumed I would post them even though there are no postage costs shown! Have had the same with Gumtree and no shows
2001 DLP hen weekend, 2006 DLP Sequoia Lodge, 2009 Hotel Cheyenne (my 40th), 2012 WDW Orlando & St Petes Beach, 2015 Miami, Orlando & Clearwater. 2017 Miami and Cape Coral 2019 NYC for BFF 50th, 2020 Orlando (cancelled due to Covid ) 2021 NYC with the family
COL41 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 20, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Really sorry you experienced this with Ebay OP I sell on Ebay but mainly low cost clothing items ( nothing above £50)
I did sell a Micheal Kors watch a few years ago and the buyer claimed it did'nt work I asked him to either send it back or go to a jeweller and get a quote to repair it and I would consider reimbursing him ...never heard from him again my guess is he did'nt like it when he got it or was chancing his arm
I only use Paypal and don't sell internationally

It is no consolation now I know , but we sell higher value tech stuff to CEX saves the hassle of dodgy buyers
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 20, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
shauney
Imagineer

Ebay is a scammers paradise.

They always used to stress that they were impartial and could not take sides in a dispute. Right before siding with the buyer as they always do.

They forget where they get their money from (the sellers who pay the fees). They're introducing a new payment system which is massively more expensive for those selling lower cost items. They would also get direct access to my bank account which is not going to happen.

So after 17 years and 100000 feedback i'm coming to the end of my time with them as I point blank refuse to sign up to their new system.
shauney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 20, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Weddingnyc
Apprentice Imagineer

I’m sorry this has happened, I was reading a similar story of a guy who’d sold a laptop for £700, and was about to lose the money as eBay was refunding the buyer. I only buy cheap stuff on there now, usually second hand books, and sell on FB marketplace locally. I hope you get a good outcome.
NY and Boston July 2020
Weddingnyc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 20, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

Mobile

Yeah I’ve given up with eBay too it’s just not worth the hassle and fed up with them always siding with the buyer. I had one lady give me negative feedback because the item arrived broken as RM had dropped it, I apologised and gave her a full refund immediately and she left me a negative review! I just thought how unfair and that was the last dealing I had with eBay.

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 20, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by shauney View Post
Ebay is a scammers paradise.

They always used to stress that they were impartial and could not take sides in a dispute. Right before siding with the buyer as they always do.

They forget where they get their money from (the sellers who pay the fees). They're introducing a new payment system which is massively more expensive for those selling lower cost items. They would also get direct access to my bank account which is not going to happen.

So after 17 years and 100000 feedback i'm coming to the end of my time with them as I point blank refuse to sign up to their new system.
Completely agree ref your first paragraph

Once had a buyer say on day 27 after they would have got it that they never received it.
I had proof of postage but not proof of delivery.
I was confident it was a scammer but offered to send another of the same item.
They said they had already bought another .
Hmm, this was an older game not readily available.
I went down her feedback and contacted a number of people who she had bought from explaining my story.
About 3 or 4 came back saying their experience had been exactly the same as mine.
Sent all the info to eBay and they couldn't give one and just refunded her money .
Shabby

What's this new payment system ?
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 20, 12:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Mobile

Refuse to sell anything now after some body wanted a refund after two months because they said my son’s duplicate Pokemon cards were fake. I’d only ever bought them from Tesco or the official Pokémon store in Japan. None were fake. He wanted a refund for £3.50! After two months! He was only selling them to earn a little extra pocket money. Should have just given him the £3.50 and thrown the duplicates in the bin.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List