Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 11 Jul 11, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
kaboomba
Imagineer

Morning! I'm back! And in a surprislingly good mood...we'll see how long that lasts!

Right oh well i may as well get the weight bit out the road first off! I gained 7and 1/4 pounds whilst away, and although thats alot, i have gained more in a week before so nothing i cant manage! So with that my new "lose weight for the wedding" starting weight is 12st 5 and 1/4 pounds!

We went shopping last night at midnight lol was great was so quiet! I'm so tired though. We fell asleep on the couch about 5pm and went through to bed, i woke up at 10pm and seriously thought it was the morning because it was still light outside! Ross slept until about 11pm and we got up and wrote out a shopping list! Got tonnes of fruit and veg in, we were really cheap last night considering the amount we bought, had to buy all the other stuff thats not weekly, like washing powder, fabric softner, loo roll, toilet clearner etc. so i was expecting at least £80 but it was only £59! Awesome!

Nehoo...i'll be back on later to tell you all about my holibags, i'm not gonna do a trip report cause i didn't take any notes lol but i'll do a memorable points report for you lot haha! Bet you all feel privaledged now!

Liz and Yvonne well done on your losses, good losses too! Keep it up! I hope to be joining the losers next monday!
kaboomba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 11, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post

You booked... yay!

Is it for September next year? Where are you staying?

I cant believe I havent even booked my trip for the wedding next year yet and everyone else is booking a second trip!

I did try to get things booked a few weeks ago but becasue we want to go to the carribean i have to wait until November for the flights to be released so was going to just wait until then to book everything but now i'm worried thats not the best idea...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 11, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Watergirl
Imagineer

Kim - welcome back chick! I was in a great mood when I got back as felt ready for it, but it didn't last lol. You've got the wedding to look forward to though! Your countdown is less than mine. Can't wait to hear all about the holiday.

Yvonne - Yes September next year from 20th to 4th October. Staying at Saratoga Springs for the entire time - yay, no moving around. I have't booked flights yet, but having looked at BA there is loads of availability and I am sure there'll be no probs. Who are you planning on flying with?

Done all my accounts and payroll, so having a break. Going to have a coffee and then take the dog. Then got to go out to interview a candidate. At some point today I need to figure out why my scanner isn't working, yet the printer is.

Worldquest (Jun 2018), Villa (Nov/Dec 2016), Floridays (Nov/Dec 2014), Floridays (Dec 2013), SSR (2012), Homewood Suites, RPR, Siesta Key (2011), Point Orlando (2009), Wyndham Resort Palace & Spa (2005)
Watergirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 11, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
loves_disney
Imagineer

loves_disney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
hey everyone! hope we are all having a nice day so far! the sun is shining up here and it is warm!

YAYYYYYY LIZZZZZ! that's so exciting! you don't happen to know if they include some of the disney magical extras with complete orlando, such as a round of mini golf?
it's swaying me towards booking either direct with disney or with Val, a travel agent that advertises on the dibb. last time she priced me it was only £50 more than complete orlando, and it included things like a round of mini golf, 20% off planet hollywood, house of blues, and things like that.

unfortunately i mailed val last week and haven't heard back since she is usually so fast at replying. oh well

YAYYYYYYYY, food planning! me and scott have already made our own list of where we want to eat and everything! nothing is finalised but i love that we are all going to get to experience so many new places!

hehe.

anyways, i was almost coming on to report a 1.5lb gain... BOOOO
i got on the scales and was raging! ok, i hadn't been eating very strictly, but i had a bagel for breakfast, some fruit salad for lunch and then a dinner, which were things like fajitas, spag bol, and steak and mash last night. Like, i know these aren't perfect meals, but i was eating way less than i had been.

anyway, i sadly got off the scales and did my mosturiser etc, and then i thought 'this can't be right' Scott had been saying i looked slimmer, i FELT slimmer so i gave it another go.

now i did it twice, and then went through and did my hair, then came back. And i can report a loss of 2lbs!

i have no idea what happened on the scales this morning, but i will weigh in tomorrow just to confirm!

so, this morning i've tidied my room, changed my sheets, bathed the dog, and now i'm putting all of my saved up change into a piggy bank that counts my money!

well done on your losses yvonne and liz, thats fab!

liz, glad to hear you are feeling way more energised must be fun!

all my photos are working again on my trippie! so have fun reading! hehe
Old 11 Jul 11, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Hi girls!

Okay dokes, a 3lbs loss for me too! To be honest i was expecting more but its not bad. I ate some dodgy mouldy bread yesterday and im terribly bloated! Urgh

Liz - well done on your loss and your booking! Am very pleased for you! Well have to arrange a drink and start discussing this food!

Yvonne - well done on your loss, its a good sensible amount and i know you probably wanted more but your calorie intake is well balanced with your exercise so thats about right. Well have to thrash out the details of this healthy eating plan fir next week. Youll be booked soon im sure.

Kim - welcome home! I felt good the first few days too, was still quite giggy i think. Lol. Yes, thats a whopping gain but about what i did anyway so you'll use it easily enough and more and its the wedding count down now hun!

Right better go as am at work but will reply better later. Xx
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 11, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Sorry Amy double posted! Well done on your loss. Xx
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 11, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Welcome back Kim!

That gain is not that bad for 2 weeks oin orlando and i love the fact that you have counted a quarter pound.. he he! Like you said you can gain more than that in a week so it should come off no problem.

Amy/Kel - well done on your losses!

Liz i was thinking about booking with Virgin but im hearing some good reviews about BA so I'll have to see. To be honest it will proably come down to price! x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 11, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Hello all!
Liz, hoorah! That's fab news! All planning for September then except Yvonne and Amy who gets to go earlier, lucky devil! Well done on your loss, keep going love!
And you too Kel, 3lbs is great!
And Amy, well done on your loss, especially as you haven't really been trying too hard
Kim, 7lbs on, not bad! Like you said, we've all done worse. I bet most of that was within the first 3 days and then the rest of it was slowly on, but you have enjoyed your food I bet and I can't wait to see your photys on FB and your memories on here! Privileged indeed!
Liz I'd love to collect miles but I'm not responsible enough so will resist until I'm grown up enough to be sensible! Me + Monsoon + credit card + collecting miles for Disney + needing more dresses from Monsoon for Disney = sticky mess!

Back at work today, training on the final part of my job which is great! Not going too bad. It's lovely down here, hope the forecast for the weekend improves as it's rain right now but we want the twinnies' BBQ party to go ahead! And sister has now changed Friday's plans from F&Bs to takeaway which is waaaaay easier to manage and cheaper so pleased with that!

My loss...0... but I am not surprised as I have been watching the scales all week and it has been up and down like a yoyo...Monday morning was what I posted, 4lbs off last week, but that just shouldn't have been allowed given the sheer volume of food I ate last weekend, then Tuesday/Wednesday it shot up and started coming down again at the end of the week so end up at STS so it was just all catching up on me. I know I didn't do anything wrong food wise last week, everything was fine, so just more of what I'm doing and hopefully I'll see a loss next week. More activity planned this week too...in fact, my running gear is ready and waiting for me and my Hollywood DVD should be here soon too! I am not down about it as I know I why it happened, I know what I ate last week was fine, and I know this week should see it move again. Target is the 11s by my week off in September, 7 weeks away. Got 12lbs to lose for that so need to lose a steady 2lbs a week for that which is achievable and I haven't really got anything big coming up to ruin that. Got a Christening not this weekend but next and the BBQ this weekend but that's about all...certainly no TGIs . And like I said, lost 4lbs last week, ruined it by overeating last weekend, so that averages at 2lbs per week which is what i need!

When I get to the 11s I will be less than 1 stone away from my initial goal and I am also planning to try my wedding dress on again at that point so the sooner I get there the sooner I can go feel like a princess again. I was saying to my buddy earlier, I think it'll fit perfectly by then but need to lose more to account for DDP for 1 week before the wedding!

Can Kel/Liz please explain the point of Gunnar to me? Will it help los abs of mine to get rid of my wobble-belly so I can look hot in a sexy bikini at Typhoon Lagoon. Tres thanks!

Is that all? Think so...xxxx

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 11, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Watergirl
Imagineer

Hello ladies! Back from my interview and making my lunch! Been late with everything today. Breakfast I made the mistake of buying some sort of ready brek thing instead of just oats and it was vile.
So didn't eat it and then had turkey on a piece of toast with phili at about 11, then banana at 1pm. Still, means I have lots of cals if I want them!

Amy - Who is this Val that you speak of? CO don't give all those offers I don't think, which is why I was considering direct, but it ended up being quite a big difference in price as we've gone for a 1 bed. You sound like you've been busy today and well done on the loss!

Kel - great loss! Especially as you're eating carbs (oops typed crabs there lol) Maybe you are eating crabs? Who knows. Very much looking forward to food talk!

Yvonne - I find BA cheapest, but depends on time of year and I tend to book around when is cheapest if you know what I mean.

Nat - LMAO at your description of what would happen with you and points. I must admit, when I hand the card over for something like clothes I do often think 'well, it's helped me get to Orlando!' Shame about the STS, but I often find eating catches up with me the following week! There's no escaping it sadly. 2lb per week average is good though.
With Gunnar I find it strengthens my core, which is one of the main reasons I do it. I get back pain, but haven't since doing the DVD. It also tones my arms and generally makes me feel stronger. All any weight bearing exercise does is strengthen the muscles, that's all toning is, but no amount of it will necessarily get rid of a wobbly tum sadly. Diet is the main ingredient in a 6 pack and most PTs will tell you that we all have a 6 pack, you just can't see most peoples!
Strength training will also help you burn more cals at rest, which is what I love. Kel will probably be able to add to this!

Mmm, just had lentil and chorizo soup. 2 servings, so going back for another now!

Worldquest (Jun 2018), Villa (Nov/Dec 2016), Floridays (Nov/Dec 2014), Floridays (Dec 2013), SSR (2012), Homewood Suites, RPR, Siesta Key (2011), Point Orlando (2009), Wyndham Resort Palace & Spa (2005)
Watergirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 11, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
loves_disney
Imagineer

loves_disney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
hey everyone!

liz, val is an advertiser on the dibb, i think her name is something along the lines of Flgirl_uk or something.
unfortunately, she hasn't mailed me back in just under a week so i might just book with complete orlando. i looked up the disney magical extras and tried to price them up. most of them are restaurant discounts which we don't really need as we will be on the dining plan. The mini golf which we wanted to do, is pricing at $12 each, and the preferred fireworks viewing would be nice, but probably not worth the extra £50!

so complete orlando it is! now i just have to look at flights. virgin is looking to be about £660 from manchester, but the flights for our provisional dates won't be released until tomorrow. just pricing ba just now, coming up at £700 from glasgow, with a stop at gatwick.

virgin from glasgow is coming up at £709 just now. so if the prices stay the same then we might as well spend the extra £10.

anyone know is the prices are likely to rise or drop?

kel well done on your loss, sorry you wanted more, but at least it's a good solid loss!

natalie, sorry about your sts, but you seem pretty positive about it, glad you are still in a good frame of mind for this week. lol at your chain of destruction with monsoon and miles! i don't really understand the whole miles thing but will probably do it when i am older and have a credit card!
Closed Thread