Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 7 Jun 11, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Watergirl
Imagineer

Thanks hun. Yes it is easier said than done, but taken a tablet now, so that should help. Just livid as Dan just called to say that his cousins wife now wants to come as she won't be away (she is in merchant navy)

a) It's 3 days for crying out loud
b) not on table plan and no place card
c) no chair cover ordered for you and I'll be damned if you make the room look crap by one being missing
d) he didn't even tell me himself - he told his dad, who told his SIL (Dan's Mum), who told Dan, who told me - I think that is so unbelievably rude.

I have done loads myself. Dan's Mum has done favours and childrens packs, My Parents have helped loads with ferrying me around with car dying and paid for loads, Dad organised band and photographer.

Sadly with me having my own company it often falls to me to do stuff because I have the money and I can take the time off. Drives me mad at times, but not Dan's fault.

People are so inconsiderate sometimes though and people who should be there for me like my maid of honour haven't been in touch for days and it's the last week. Lovely.

Right, gonna get off before I make everyone miserable. Sure I'll feel better in the morning. Night ladies. xxx

Worldquest (Jun 2018), Villa (Nov/Dec 2016), Floridays (Nov/Dec 2014), Floridays (Dec 2013), SSR (2012), Homewood Suites, RPR, Siesta Key (2011), Point Orlando (2009), Wyndham Resort Palace & Spa (2005)
Watergirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 11, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
I'm feeling grrrrrr for you Liz, that's bad! Stay calm and get some sleep my dear!

Was going to write a welcome home message for Kel but I can't access her FB wall x

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 11, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Watergirl
Imagineer

Thanks hun, got a good night's sleep, but up early with a list as long as my arm! Feeling more positive. Going to call venue at 9am to see what they can do about extra person.

You could always do a status update to welcome Kel back. I'll do one too!

Worldquest (Jun 2018), Villa (Nov/Dec 2016), Floridays (Nov/Dec 2014), Floridays (Dec 2013), SSR (2012), Homewood Suites, RPR, Siesta Key (2011), Point Orlando (2009), Wyndham Resort Palace & Spa (2005)
Watergirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 11, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post

I've hi-jacked your wall post Liz, as I can't see her wall either. I hope she lets us see her lovely holiday pics! I feel your pain about guest numbers Liz, but 3 days is just beyond! I think some people just don't think!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 11, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

HELLOOOOOO!
Just got home, absolutley knackered, i cant log on to FB at mo for some reason (its seems to think im in US) but ill fix it later when ive found and unpacked laptop. Just skim read your posts but will catch up properly when feel less zombie like as havent slept yet - i was in Earl of Sandwich this morn at DTD for goodness sake, how am i now here in yorkshire?! Spaced out. Didnt see Amy but did look.
Just wanted to say to Liz, OMG! Are you ready for this?! Its the BIG day in two days! Just keep cool, calm and collected (well on the outside anyway) and youll be the wonderfully beautiful bride you deserve to be. Dress is stunning, truly gorgeous and you look a million dollars in it, Dan's gonna lose it when he sees you glide down in that! Will send you a proper message later but wanted to catch you now. Will catch up with all other news in a bit as i missed loads i think, although i did catch 'chinese' quite a lot... Tut tut. ;-)
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 11, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Kel, I'm glad you had a great time! Tried to leave you a message on FB earlier to welcome you home but couldn't. Can't wait to hear all about it and see some piccies if you don't mind sharing! xxx

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 11, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Watergirl
Imagineer

Kel! Hello my lovely, we've missed you.
Aww I really feel for you being back though, but hope you had the most amazing time.
Enjoyed reading the mini trippies.
Cannot wait to hear all about it. May get chance to look on plane - can you get internet on plane?

Today has been manic, but settling down a little. Sat here with Brazilian hair treatment on head and clingfilm and a crest whitening strip on, with my wedding shoes on! Look far from bridal at the mo.

Just finished wrapping pressies for people who have birthday's while we're away. Had to buy Father's day things too. Got food in for guests tomorrow.

On my list is finish Brazilian hair treatment, pluck, epilate, shave, tan, print off restaurant coupons, update Sat Nav with POI, pack (done nothing! ), make beds, clean, get flowers.

Right, better go blow dry and straighten this hair.

Bet you're all tanned and lovely Kel. Can't wait to see pics either and thanks for the lovely comments on my dress xxx

Old 8 Jun 11, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Awww Kel its so good to have you back ... its been quiet without you! lol

I've had an up and down couple of weeks, since Hen Party I've been really stressed out, not really sure why I should get stressed now when I haven't been before.

Liz ... you must be so excited, I can't believe how close it is yipeeeeeeeee. The stress will all be worth it, and you get rewarded by going to Florida!

Nat .. so glad that your Dad has come around, its always sounded like Florida is the way that you wanted to go, but you kept getting swayed. Very happy for you!

Quick update from my side of things ... 3.5 weeks till I become a Mrs ... can't blimmin believe it, I think excitement amongst other things is starting to set in!

have made a couple of decisions to ease some stress that was on David and I

1.) Booked the family into a local hotel for the run up to wedding
2.) Booked our seats on the plane because I was so stressed out that we wouldn't be sitting together
3.) Booked a minibus for me & david & my family to get back from hotel, to save with the who can take a family member with hungover people the next day
4.) Spoke to big boss today to get an answer to my annual leave request... up until today I still haven't had it approved for the wedding/honeymoon and I was put on an order that meant I would have to work day before wedding (would be a day off) ..so thankfully thats all sorted.

Have just spent ages on phone to easyjet to try and sort familys flight after my massive £200 screw up! I'm assured that their return journey will not be cancelled if they miss the outgoing flight.

My shakes arrived today, I'm really nervous about being really hungry, but needs must, I refuse to feel fat on my wedding day!

this time 3 weeks I will have finished up from work ... yipppeeeee

Away to decide what to cook for dinner :-)

Kel ... we all missed you loads and can't wait to hear and see all about it!
Old 8 Jun 11, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Hi you three girlies.

I'm soooo sad to be back! But it was a great holiday and I have loads to report and a mountain of piccies. Just downloading them all to the computer now and I'll get them on FB and then at some point try and do my very own first trip report. I did try and pop on to the computer every now and then but by week two it got really tricky to find time. The crowds really picked up over Memorial weekend and then Star Wars weekends (which oddly I enjoyed even though I'm not really a fan) and then finally it was gay days and I was worried this would make the parks really busy too but it didn't at all, in fact they were quiet, according to the news this was because familys don't like explaining that to their kids so they stay away. A bit of an over reaction if you ask me as its not like they were going round doing stuff to each other they were just having fun like the rest of us, but bonus for us as it kept the lines down and actually it was a really fun atmosphere - Alex got checked out by one guy who said ''oooo cutie alert, cutie alert in front'' and pointed to Alex on Space Mountain which I found hilarious. He then said 'harump, why are all the ones I like straight?'' and his friend said ''and married'' hehehe.
Anyway I digress, diet has gone out of the wondow as you can imagine, I ate and ate and ate and ate some more, started off with a teeny weeny appetite and finished with a gigantuian one! Prolly put on loads of weight, not quite back up to my 16s but well in my 14s at the moment, hopefully its mainly water weight. I feel surprisingly ok now, I've had a nap and lunch and we are now sorting the pics whilst Alex drinks Bud and watched ESPN (to remind him of Orlando). Being on our honeymoon made us be sprinkled with pixy dust, free desserts, drinks, upgrades and fastpass entrances, loads of congratulations from cast members, a message on our phone from Mickey and Minnie to say happy honeymoon - Disney really know how to make it special for honeymooners. We got loads of photopass pics too so theres lots to look at to get you all in the mood for your own.

Natalie - caught up generally with your posts, I gather the UK wedding is now off as yur dad is still being hot and cold and a Florida wedding is back on, its probably for the best with all the ups and downs, I can't imagine how stressful it would be even if he did pay for it in the UK. Its easy to lose sight of what the day is about when shrouded in stress, demands and bad feelings and lets face it, Orlando is magical so you can't go wrong.
I forget honey, whe are you going to Disneymoon next year?

I also see you have bought my shakes and are now following my diet with a few tweaks, you should now see a big difference. Have you got the Nutrisport yet - what do you think of the flavour?
Well done on the loss, it should increase if you ensure you do your exercise and you get on a regular healthy eating plan - besides you have a Flordia wedding to work to now and nothing worse than being hot, sweaty and over weight and wearing a 5kg dress in 93 degree heat!

Liz - hahah, you made me chuckle with the brazillian, crest and wedding shoes, fab. I can imagine you are really quite teetering on the verge of coping and not coping, but you can do this - think ''I am a cool, sophisticated, in control woman marrying the man of my dreams and everything else is seccondary to that''. Don't let the odd few guests get you stressed, I know its easier said than done but you do the best you can and if you can't get an extra in then you'll just have to explain why, don't let it get to you though, trust me on the day you won't care about seating plans or who sits where, all you'll be thinking is 'I'M MARRIED TO DAN! '' and I'm rather tipsy (all being well ) and I didn't fall going down the aisle! Its tiny compared to that. Honeymoon Liz - Clairins double fix worked brilliantly! Lots of wet wipes, for some reason Orlando is sticky! Humidity is massive at the moment - 95%, so hair bobbles, hair bands and anti frizz are a must. Thats about it really. I kept thinking of you out there and tying my hair back so that I didn't 'get scapled on the rides' which I remember you saying Always had my hair bobble! Quite a few bugs about too, got bitten quite a bit so bug stuff is a good idea. Think thats about it really. Oh, and have a wonderful time! Tanned - hahah, I go red then white but I have a little glow, not much though. Good luck tomorrow with all the relatives, if you don't get much chance to get on, HOPE THE WEDDING IS WONDERFUL! When do you fly on Honeymoon? x

Tracey, Crikey, 3.5 weeks! how exciting! I know I read that you were a bit sad about your dress but honestly Tracey you are really small, I can't imagine it looks bad on you I really can't, I think you have that thing where you think you look bigger but seriously you will look gorgeous. I understand the stress about the flight, I was freaking out, but it was fine, we got there early before the flight both out and in and as you know we got a free upgrade out but comeing back we got our pre booked ecomony seats, I thinks its rare they would split you but I think you've done the right thing to put your mind at rest as you don't need anything else to worry about. I can understand the levels of stress with everything to plan and organise but once everything is booked, there isn't anything more you can do and so enjoy it, its your wedding and its super exciting and as hard as it is try and keep your feet on the ground as you'll look back and wish you did enjoy it more if you stress out too much. It will be fine, you've done everything you can and in a few short weeks you'll be sipping frozen butterbeer, staring at Hogwards, and every now and then noticing as that big shiny ring on your wedding finger catches that strong Floridian sun! At the point you'll feel all stress melt away and wonder what you worried about. I say this as this is how I felt and in the week before the wedding I really had to catch myself and give myself a mental slap and say ''why are you freaking out so much, you can't change anything, worrying about it isn't going to make any difference, so just chill Kelly'' and I started to just relax and enjoy the ride and I'm glad I did cause its one day and it goes in the blink of an eye. You'll be fine and you'll look gorgeous.
With the shakes Nat has bought, these are the ones I sent her a link to and the ones I've been on for the last two years - are these the ones you bought? If so, basically I have half a serving for breakfast, then have a low carb snack mid morning - ham, cheese, nuts - then half a shake for lunch (big servings and so I share with Alex) and then my low carb evening meal and I also have evening snack of ham, cheese, jubblies. You don't need any supplements with them, they are nutritionally enough, you need no metabolism drinks or anything like that as you eat little and often and exericse and that is the single most effective way of speeding metabolism. Also like I say I've been drinking them for two years now and I'm (well was before moon!) very fit and healthy and have good skin, hair, nails, blood pressure and stamina. HOWEVER I do take a multi vitiamin with calcium as I don't drink milk and I also take L-lysine but thats for immune system strength.

Right better go and sort these piccies, Facebook is all fixed now. Just looking into rebooking a 'cheap' Disney only holiday next year, we reckon we can just about do it cost wise if we stayed on site with no car.

Will let you know when I have my pics up. xx Ah, good to be back and thinking about the next one!
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 11, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post

just lost alll my post arrrrrrrrrrr!

well start again lol

hope everyone is ok

i havent ben on as jacob hasnt been well, danny took him docs yest morn as i was at work and they sent him straight to hosp as his chest was really bad, they give us some antibiotics and said if its no better by 10th ring hosp up and take him down. i feel so sorry for him his chest is so bad bless him.

kel - bet you have holiday blues don't ya i hate them, nice to have you back though don't worry about your weight bet everyone has the same problem coming back from there i know i will lol!
that is a over reaction about gay day, not fair at all, haha about that man saying that to alex! kel did you get all that free stuff via the hotel as you told them you was on your honeymoon?
also how did you get a free upgrade, i want one lol!

aww liz try to stay calm it will all come together for sure. so do you fly out to orlando the day after? know it must be so hard as il be exactly the same, keep having moments now where i start panicing!

i know the feeling of the being on a diet all the time, becuase i was on a constant diet for a year i just cant get back into it, i really need to though i have today but yest had take away as was rushing round becuase of jacob.

i weighed mon and i was still 9 13

xx
Closed Thread