Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 7 Apr 16, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Windsor at Westside or Paradise Palms?

Hello! its our first family trip to Orlando and we are so excited! I know we are seriously late in looking for accommodation but we have finally narrowed it down to either of these. We are looking for at least 4 bedrooms, with private pool, preferably good clubhouse and community pool too. I understand Windsor at Westside is new, but am concerned that its too far from Disney. Has anyone been to either? Any suggestions? (even a different gated community if you think its better than these)
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 16, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
BnDamo
Imagineer

BnDamo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 12
Both communities are in the same area less than 2 miles apart, so if you have narrowed it down to these 2 I would pick the villa that suits your needs best. The communities are not that far from Disney approx 7-9 miles (15-20 mins) depending on route. If you have never been before that may sound a lot but when you see the size and scale of Disney you will realise that really it's not. There are many communities that are a lot further out and people are still happy to stay at these also. However, if you want to consider other communities that are closer than the 2 you have mentioned (with clubhouse etc) take a look at Emerald Island, Windsor Hills and Windsor Palms.
BnDamo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 16, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks BnDamo! You are right, 15-20 mins does sound like a long time if traffic will make it 30-45 mins (which is what I've been told, but I'm not sure if its really going to be that bad).
I can't seem to find anyone who has stayed at Windsor at Westside for a review
Old 7 Apr 16, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post

We live in Windsor Hills and visited Windsor at Westside to view the new homes. It is in its early stages so probably not a lot of reviews. The individual homes range from 6 to 9 bedrooms. There are 4 and 5 bedroom townhomes as well. The only thing you will need to enquire about with the particular owner is if there is construction going on nearby their home. Both resorts are near one another. Paradise Palms seems to be completed.
Sandy
Old 7 Apr 16, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks sandyj! I didn't think of that! I will definitely ask. The last thing I want is to be staying in a construction site!
Old 7 Apr 16, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post

You might want to ask with Paradise Palms, too, as there are still some signs indicating new homes still for sale but riding by looks mostly complete. Sometimes there could be new construction discounts if construction nearby. They do seem to build them in phases though so you may be good. Whatever you decide, I am sure it will be good! The first trip to Orlando is always the most special!
Sandy
Old 8 Apr 16, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post

My next door neighbour has recently bought an eight bed home on Windsor at Westside. Looks beautiful but not completed until June.

The best locations are those nearest to the 192 IMO like Windsor Hills and Emerald Isle as mentioned.
Old 8 Apr 16, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
angelcake71
Imagineer

Stayed at Paradise Palms in 2013..loved it, lots to do there and everything is quite new.. community pool lovely.. with 2 hot tubs... nice town houses .. we rented our 4 bed through homeaway ... owner was UK based and great... not too far from W Irlo Bronsen Highway.. where all the waterings and Publix are .. I imagine it looks even better now, as many of the plants and flowers..would have grown..

Edited at 09:23 AM.
angelcake71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 16, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread