Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 1 Jun 20, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
paulfoel
Imagineer

What happens if you get 2020 tickets and you can't get to florida?

In theory its tough luck. Unless you've bought the tickets in the past, then insurance wont cover will it?
paulfoel is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
For the UK tickets you can just buy them and go whenever. Disney have now even stated that 2020 tickets can be used until the end of September 2021. So anyone who has bought UK tickets could use them from any time after the parks open until September next year and Disney wouldn't know.

Disney have stated that when the parks reopen you'll need a park reservation for a specific day and park plus a ticket valid for that date (this last bit is aimed more at those with American tickets that are date specific). The park reservation system has not been set up yet.
That's only for tickets purchased before mid April, and there is an end date on MDE so they would know. Mine expire Dec this year.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
paulfoel
Imagineer

Bought the combo ticket (wdw, universal, seaworld etc) from American Attractions yesterday. £800 though but we were doing this anyway. They were only selling wdw 2020 tickets this way as part of this combo. Fair enough if you've got limited tkts sell them with most expensive package.

Glad I did - none today. £15 per person for cancellation insurance as well. So if it goes wrong, then I can get a refund. Seemed a no brainer to me if I can do.

They accepted the order, even though I only paid a deposit too. I'm thinking I maybe should have paid in full.

I'm thinking maybe these 3rd parties have got tickets in stock which is why they were able to do this and now they're gone. So I may have been lucky...

Unless they cancel my order now! (If they do I will go nuts though because they shouldnt be doing that)
paulfoel is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by paulfoel View Post
Bought the combo ticket (wdw, universal, seaworld etc) from American Attractions yesterday. £800 though but we were doing this anyway. They were only selling wdw 2020 tickets this way as part of this combo. Fair enough if you've got limited tkts sell them with most expensive package.

Glad I did - none today. £15 per person for cancellation insurance as well. So if it goes wrong, then I can get a refund. Seemed a no brainer to me if I can do.

They accepted the order, even though I only paid a deposit too. I'm thinking I maybe should have paid in full.

I'm thinking maybe these 3rd parties have got tickets in stock which is why they were able to do this and now they're gone. So I may have been lucky...

Unless they cancel my order now! (If they do I will go nuts though because they shouldnt be doing that)
Yes some of them do order a batch of unassigned tickets so they are ready to post out when fully paid. I think what Disney are saying is that even those will be written off if not fully purchased by 10th June. Presumably the companies would be reimbursed for unsold or abandoned tickets.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
teachx
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
As I understand it, people who already have tickets have been advised they need to have them registered on MDE also by June 10th. I am presuming that this is because when the system is changed to the new reservation system you will only be able to book a slot if your ticket is registered on the system. That I guess is why any tickets not paid for will not be registered and therefore cannot be used to access the new system

2023 Pop Century/Rosen LBV 2019 BC/Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2017 POR/Floridian Hotel & Suites 2016 Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2014(2) Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014 Rosen Inn International 2009 Rosen Plaza 2006 Travelodge I Drive 2004 Howard Johnsons I Drive
teachx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by teachx View Post
As I understand it, people who already have tickets have been advised they need to have them registered on MDE also by June 10th. I am presuming that this is because when the system is changed to the new reservation system you will only be able to book a slot if your ticket is registered on the system. That I guess is why any tickets not paid for will not be registered and therefore cannot be used to access the new system
Yes definitely. Many Disney tickets go unused each year, the only way they can gauge capacity and facilitate park reservations is having the tickets 'activated' on MDE. No way could you do it without.
Old 2 Jun 20, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
That's only for tickets purchased before mid April, and there is an end date on MDE so they would know. Mine expire Dec this year.
Yes, but my point was addressing the comment about park reservations and Wazowskiscar saying they entered a date and therefore Disney using that info to know when you are going to a park. With Disney UK tickets you can use them whenever you want up to the expiry date. For tickets bought pre-April this year, they can be used any time from end of July until end of Sept next year. For ticket's bought after April, they can be used anytime from end of July until end of Dec this year. Disney won't know when people are planning to use them, unless they also have an onsite hotel booked. So Disney cannot use this info for the park reservation system.

Hence why they need a separate park reservation system in order to gauge and limit attendance each day.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List