Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 19 Aug 18, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
justmagical
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
The Avanti pool area looks lovely, but just watch their resort fees when pricing it up. All of the Rosen properties don't charge a resort fee
If you book Avanti Resort I’d always advise to do it direct through them
A lot of my family have also stayed there over the years and there are always numerous offers running. As an example we have had:
Free nights (14 for the price of 10 etc.)
Free breakfast for whole party every day you stay and we this (warm platter/sandwich/pastries/coffee)which saved us quite a bit over the stay as we didn’t need to buy it in parks/IDrive and took it with us some mornings
Resort tax free/reduced in the cost of booking discount (we paid it up front at time if booking and paid nothing there)

Only thing not worth paying extra for is a suite- they are really no better and on arrival we downgraded to a std room, no way was my child sleeping on a sofa bed mattress 3mm thick so back to 2 queens it was!

Facilities- pool, bar, cafe, laundry, parking etc was pretty good to be honest for price

My sister booked it this year and it worked out at £64 p/n with breakfast which I though was a bargain

HTH

Edited at 02:46 PM.
justmagical is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Mezza1991
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Avanti Resort on I-Drive
Mezza1991 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
tillymoon
Excited about Disney

Brilliant thanks again ill take a look at Avanti , is it in the same area as the others suggested ? ...pointe ?

xx

DLP 2012
WDW, SSR, RPR and Gulf coast 2017
next trip WDW, US, DS, SW -Easter 2020 !
tillymoon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by tillymoon View Post
Brilliant thanks again ill take a look at Avanti , is it in the same area as the others suggested ? ...pointe ?

xx
It's a teeny bit further up but still the same area. You could easily walk to the Pointe
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucky's Mum
Excited about Disney

We have stayed at The Point Orlando Resort 3 times -nice accommodation and facilities especially for the price.
Lucky's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
lukeysmom
Helping Mickey

Just booked the endless summer dockside inn
Old 9 Jun 19, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
Anything around the Pointe area as said above is great for restaurants. The Rosen Plaza is nicer than the Rosen Inn- depends what type of accomodation you're looking for.

Another vote for Rosen Plaza. In my opinion it’s much nicer than Rosen Inn at the Pointe. More expensive obviously but you can get good deals.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
tillymoon
Excited about Disney

Hi guys,

so after lots of googling i booked rosen inn pointe, now a work pal of hubby has said , its a bit grim, nd very noisy between to big roads...and basically put hubby off!

So looked at plaza and its over 4x expensive to stay there for the same 4 nights ?

is this right ? suppose it must be , ive looked on their own website too , admittedly its easter weekend, but pointe is £250 for 4 nights, plaza is over 1k for the same ! ?

may look at avanti, as dont want to spend 1k for 4 nights at pointe

thanks for help... i would also appreciate any views on noise levels at pointe , as on the whole most people have said , great location and value for money ...which is why i just booked it in the end

thanks again,

DLP 2012
WDW, SSR, RPR and Gulf coast 2017
next trip WDW, US, DS, SW -Easter 2020 !
tillymoon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

We have stayed at both the RI@Pointe and the Plaza. We paid £40 a night at the Pointe and £60 at the Plaza. Are you going in the school holidays to push the prices so high (Sorry just saw you said Easter)? Where are you booking through?

The RI is fine. It's a motel, the rooms are dated and its not fancy. We didn't have any noise issues but were in Block F furthest from reception. Plaza is much much nicer. I agree looking at the Avanti is a good idea if both the Rosens are coming up expensive.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Have you priced up the Rosen plaza on netflights. We’ve had good deals through them when we couldnt find it cheaper elsewhere.