Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 4 Jan 20, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
tillymoon
Excited about Disney

Avis or budget ?

Hi dibbers,

it looks like ill make our car booking via BA (flights booked with the also) as the prices seem good,

i've only used alamo before but the prices are muh better via BA.

can anyone advise which is best ? ... ill be collecting the car from embassy suites on idrive to drive to ami for 5 days

does anyone have a preference?

many thanks

DLP 2012
WDW, SSR, RPR and Gulf coast 2017
next trip WDW, US, DS, SW -Easter 2020 !
tillymoon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 20, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

They are the same company. I have used both brands many times and generally prefer budget as I have generally got slightly better deals.

Either way, I would be happy.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 20, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
tillymoon
Excited about Disney

thanks for reply Cornish,

the bugdet prices are a bit cheaper and it seems there is more vehicle options (dont need anything fancy just space for us with cases etc)

so price wise it seems the best option also

thanks for help

DLP 2012
tillymoon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 20, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

I’ve found the the only difference apart from the price is that budget use slightly older cars than Avis that have had more wear and tear, but there still perfectly fine
Orlandoguy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickeymac
Excited about Disney

If booked through BA ( and BA executive member) there are some points differences. With Avis an additional driver can added free of charge. For both companies spouse/legal is covered for driving also.
At busy airports the biggest thing is the queue. Budget you have to go to desk in terminal and get keys. Avis, if you join preferred (free) you can go straight to garage to collect car.

We have had a few times with no queue at Budget, but the last few times it has been a long wait (15 to 20 people and only 1 or 2 desks open).
Generally I like to use Avis where possible to avoid the queue.
Old 8 Jan 20, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
tillymoon
Excited about Disney

Thanks for help guys Mickeymac we’ll be collecting from embassy suits on I drive , I’m hoping the queues aren’t so bad ? Thanks for all the info though ... it all helps xx

DLP 2012
Old 8 Jan 20, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
The 2 Minnies
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Mickeymac View Post
If booked through BA ( and BA executive member) there are some points differences. With Avis an additional driver can added free of charge. For both companies spouse/legal is covered for driving also.
At busy airports the biggest thing is the queue. Budget you have to go to desk in terminal and get keys. Avis, if you join preferred (free) you can go straight to garage to collect car.

We have had a few times with no queue at Budget, but the last few times it has been a long wait (15 to 20 people and only 1 or 2 desks open).
Generally I like to use Avis where possible to avoid the queue.
I’ve just had this dilemma and weighing things up, I’ve gone with Avis. This is purely based on the fact that I don’t want to have to queue to get the car.

Also get more Avios points with Avis.
The 2 Minnies is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List