Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 31 Mar 20, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch-fishguard
Apprentice Imagineer

The Rare Old Mountain Dew

Today was the big one for me, the game between the New York Jets v. the Green Bay Packers. I still pinch myself when I think of how many US sports games Ive attended. We walked down to the Port Authority Bus Terminal to catch one of the supporters busses that run back and forth to the MetLife Stadium in New Jersey. It is a fantastic service used, literally, by thousands of fans.

When we got there, the tailgating was in full swing despite it being baltic ! Hence the coat, but as you can see, when we were out of the wind, the sun was quite powerful.

The game was so exciting (for me) and the Packers won in overtime, and I knew I owed Leander, big time
Getting back was a breeze, simply joined the queue and got on the bus that was in line. When we got onto Manhattan, we made a stop in Times Square for an asian style fast food quick service meal. It was lovely.
We went back to change and to go up to St. Patricks Cathedral to light a candle for my mother, which hit me hard. Whew. The whole area around there was busy as you can imagine, but Rockefeller Centre is the magnet at Xmas, lets be fair

It really is fantastic at Xmas in New York and tomorrow we would be going all over the shop, while hitting The Lion King at Broadway.
mitch-fishguard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

I have never been to a sporting event in the U.S but would love too.
I may try to persuade my friends,as we are returning next year.
Our last visit was a Christmas one,so loved seeing the photos of the tree,but we could never get a shot of the one like yours,without a hundred other people in it,so you did well there.
I look forward to reading more.
Tracy x