Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 19 Apr 20, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
ScaryFairy
Earning More Ears

Would it be crazy?

To book for September?
That’s more than 4 months away... I’d book in the knowledge it may be changed and make sure I could swap it to spring if needed.
I need a little something to keep me going...
It would be just me and my two year old...again..am I crazy?
And some general DLP questions as I’m a WDW’er and this would be my first time..
Is there fast passes?
Photo pass?
I like the look of hotel Cheyenne because we love a bit of toy story but shame it only comes with breakfast, can you upgrade dining like you can at WDW?
I found a Sunday to Wednesday in sept on euro tunnel staying at hotel Cheyenne with breakfast for £950, is that reasonable?
I would love to hear tips and thoughts But please don’t tell me that the world is going to end and things will never be the same again...you may be right but If these are my last months I’d rather live them out in ignorant bliss
ScaryFairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 20, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I don’t think it’s crazy but I would ensure everything was fully refundable. Will you be happy with yourself and your little one amongst the crowds ?

Fast passes are one at a time paper ones from a machine. We didn’t find them particularly useful but maybe we did it wrong !
The must useful is to use EMH. Arrive at the gates half hour before opening and you get such a lot of rides done very early on.
Photo pass- we saw very few photographers and consensus seems to be it us a waste of money.

You can now upgrade to the different dining pans. I don’t think under threes get a free meal though. Probably can share yours at a buffet.

If you chose one of the plus hotels you would get access to a pool.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 20, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally I wouldve said no but with france increasing lockdown length I'm now not sure. Its possibly still July at the earliest now but I guess we all just have to wait and see.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 20, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Mobile

Ask 10 people get 10 answers. Our department for education has a soft date for summer 2 term for schools opening. That points to a softening on lockdown. Some other EU schools are looking to reopen within the next month. Thats puts a rought 'july' date on other lockdown softening.

The problem you might have (and with other summer holidays) is if you are allowed to fly, hotels are open BUT the park and venues are shut. That will be a rubbish holiday and you wont be entitled to full refunds.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 20, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
ScaryFairy
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Thanks 😊
I never thought for a minute that Cheyenne wouldn’t have a pool. I need to do more research! There were other hotels that’s came with the half board dining which were basically the same price. It was the toy story theme that made me go for that one.
I think I’d be ok with him by myself, probably just getting there with him, a pram and luggage would be the hardest bit. Sometimes I have romantic visions that turn out to be way harder work than I’ve allowed for 😂
I’ll keep reading and thinking and at least it will be a welcome distraction from reading the news 💕
ScaryFairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 20, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
ScaryFairy
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Thanks KK20. If I book I’ll go with Disney direct for the whole package so surely then if parks not open I can reschedule for the spring. I’ll definitely make sure before I book anything though 😊 thank you x
Old 19 Apr 20, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
aj2703
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by kk20 View Post
The problem you might have (and with other summer holidays) is if you are allowed to fly, hotels are open BUT the park and venues are shut. That will be a rubbish holiday and you wont be entitled to full refunds.

Totally agree with this. While lock down measures might start to be relaxed, in my mind social distancing may be enforced for a long time yet. I would say you can't have the parks and hotels open if you are meant to be social distancing unless only a limited number of guests can enter. How they would work that out I don't know and queues for rides i guess would have to be like a supermarket line where you are 2 metres apart. How would you eat in the hotels? spaced out tables etc?.

I think it would be a nightmare.

Those reasons are why I am not even going to entertain a new years booking yet until I know for sure what is happening.

Oh and not to mention if there is a second wave we could all find ourselves in this situation again.

Edited at 06:33 PM.
aj2703 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 20, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridasun
Imagineer

I hate to admit it but I think it's fair to assume social distancing will be in place until a vaccine is found. Getting travel insurance will be hard till then too.
Floridasun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List