Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 May 20, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
sixpence18
Serious Dibber

Mobile Kenwood Travel - are they offering refunds?

I am just curious about what Kenwood are doing at the moment.

We are due to go in September and fingers crossed we still can.

However if the holiday gets cancelled we are reluctant to accept a credit note as we would rather have the money.

Have people who have had their holidays cancelled had luck refusing a credit note with them and getting a refund?
sixpence18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 20, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

Mobile

I didn’t have a holiday booked with them but our universal tickets. They tried to trick me into cancelling and paying cancellation fees, but they rolled immediately after I told them I wasn’t cancelling, the theme parks were closed therefore they can’t fulfil the contract and I expect a full refund. They replied immediately saying a refund was being processed and would be paid within 56 days (nothing yet, still in the time frame). It’s probably too soon for you to do now, but when the time comes don’t give in to cancellation fees or credit notes if you want a full refund, stand firm!
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 20, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
sixpence18
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Thank you!
sixpence18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 20, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

Mobile

They responded very quickly via email, which is good considering how difficult some companies have been to get hold of.
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 20, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

They contacted me a few weeks ago to say that my May flights were likely to be cancelled and therefore so would the holiday. They offered me a credit note, however the week before I had received an email from them saying if your holiday was cancelled they would offer a credit note for the deposit but refund all other payments.
I replied stating this and saying it seemed unfair that they were now only offering a credit note and I was not happy, they then replied very quickly offering a credit note for the deposit and full refund for the remaining amount.
Princess Ariel is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 20, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Princess Ariel View Post
They contacted me a few weeks ago to say that my May flights were likely to be cancelled and therefore so would the holiday. They offered me a credit note, however the week before I had received an email from them saying if your holiday was cancelled they would offer a credit note for the deposit but refund all other payments.
I replied stating this and saying it seemed unfair that they were now only offering a credit note and I was not happy, they then replied very quickly offering a credit note for the deposit and full refund for the remaining amount.
You should be able to get a full refund for the whole amount, including the deposit.
Old 4 May 20, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
sixpence18
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Thank you everyone! We’ve only paid deposit so far, balance not due until mid July. I’m still hopeful we can go!
Old 4 May 20, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
beegnjasmum
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Princess Ariel View Post
We had an identical situation with them. They've taken 10% as deposit credit note and refunding the remainder. We had our full holiday booked with them.
beegnjasmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 20, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by beegnjasmum View Post
We had an identical situation with them. They've taken 10% as deposit credit note and refunding the remainder. We had our full holiday booked with them.
Have you quibbled with them about this, they really shouldn't be doing it, if you demand a full refund, you should get one.
Old 4 May 20, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by GoldenAvalanche View Post
You should be able to get a full refund for the whole amount, including the deposit.
To be honest after hearing some of the stories on here about other companies not offering any cash refunds at all I was happy to accept the offer and felt it was fair given the circumstances. I really don’t want them to go under and they have been amazing in the past when we have booked with them.
We have now transferred to another date with them anyway and they have, once again been absolutely amazing.
Princess Ariel is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List