Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 May 20, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Minniebella
VIP Dibber

Madonna inn-Cancellation

Hi
Unfortunately we are coming to terms that our August west coast trip won’t be happening this year😭
We had most of the trip booked with BA holidays and are just waiting for them to extend their dates so we can apply for a voucher to use next year.
We only booked two hotels directly and have successfully cancelled one online but The Madonna inn says you can only cancel by calling.I have sent them a PM via Facebook around 10 days ago but no reply.
Has anybody cancelled their reservation here without having to call the number?
Minniebella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 20, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Mobile

Can’t help sorry but a real shame that you are having to cancel.

We were only looking at our pics from 2016 earlier today including our stay in the cave man room in Madonna Inn!

Hope you can get back there soon!
Old 10 May 20, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

We booked the Madonna Inn through Expedia for April of this year. Cancellation was simple and no phone calls were needed. Our refund was in the bank within a week or so.

Might be different if you booked direct.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 20, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Minniebella
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
Can’t help sorry but a real shame that you are having to cancel.

We were only looking at our pics from 2016 earlier today including our stay in the cave man room in Madonna Inn!

Hope you can get back there soon!
Thank you Mike.We were so looking forward to staying in the Safari room and was even going to extend to two nights.Such a shame, but fingers crossed for next year
Minniebella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 20, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Minniebella
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
We booked the Madonna Inn through Expedia for April of this year. Cancellation was simple and no phone calls were needed. Our refund was in the bank within a week or so.

Might be different if you booked direct.
We booked direct, may have to bite the bullet and call.
Are you still hoping for your west coast trip this year?
Old 10 May 20, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Rockycat
Excited about Disney

We booked through ebookers for beginning of June and could cancel through them and received a refund 3 weeks later...was so looking forward to staying there 😔. I think if you booked direct with them the only way would probably be to call them.
Rockycat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 20, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Minniebella View Post
We booked direct, may have to bite the bullet and call.
Are you still hoping for your west coast trip this year?
I am not widely optimistic. I booked it in the full knowledge that I could move my American Airlines money to any flights before December 31, 2021.
In addition, all 7 hotels and the car hire have free cancellation.
We have Universal and Warner Bros on the agenda, but it wouldn’t be the end of the world if they remained closed.
The vacation is about Phoenix, Tucson, Davis Monthan, Tombstone, PCH , Monterey and SFO. Even SFO is about cycling and seeing as we have already done Alcatraz etc. We are looking at Golden gate park, Sutra Baths, the Bridge and Bonito Point.

I guess that we must wait and see. If hotels and restaurants are open and we can get there, then we will.

Thankyou for asking.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Fudge123
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Following with interest. We have also booked direct for the Madonna Inn. We’re due to travel in Sept, and are holding off till July to make a decision (or it might get made for us).
Their website did say full refund if you cancel no later than 72 hours beforehand, so I’m hopeful that if we have to go down that route that we will get our money back, though might be quite happy to move dates as, if we don’t get this September, then hopefully we can go September 2021 instead.
Old 17 May 20, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Minniebella
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Fudge123 View Post
Following with interest. We have also booked direct for the Madonna Inn. We’re due to travel in Sept, and are holding off till July to make a decision (or it might get made for us).
Their website did say full refund if you cancel no later than 72 hours beforehand, so I’m hopeful that if we have to go down that route that we will get our money back, though might be quite happy to move dates as, if we don’t get this September, then hopefully we can go September 2021 instead.
They finally replied via messenger and said that there should be A button with an option to cancel in confirmation email... mine wouldn’t allow me to do so.I managed to email Reservation@madonnainn.com and cancelled by email. Received A cancellation confirmation email Within a hour.We are hoping to move everything to August 2021, fingers crossed🤞🏼
Old 17 May 20, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Fudge123
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Minniebella View Post
They finally replied via messenger and said that there should be A button with an option to cancel in confirmation email... mine wouldn’t allow me to do so.I managed to email Reservation@madonnainn.com and cancelled by email. Received A cancellation confirmation email Within a hour.We are hoping to move everything to August 2021, fingers crossed🤞🏼
That’s good you managed to cancel, thanks for info on how to do it. X