Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 2 Nov 12, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkerbell5
Imagineer

Advice- pre booking seats

There are 2 of us travelling in February on Virgin to Orlando International, I have not pre booked our seats to sit together, do you think I should I am worried now ?
tinkerbell5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 12, 01:03 AM  
Link to this Post
tinkerbell5
Imagineer

Any idea? X
tinkerbell5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 12, 01:07 AM  
Link to this Post
mrscopeman
Imagineer

Its up to you. I personally think that a couple in Feb probably won't get split up. Are you going on a weekend? Thats when the flights might be full. Just get to the airport when checkin opens
With Own Brood: '07 POFQ | '08 POFQ | '09 SSR | '10 BCR | '11 AKL | '12 OKW | '13 AoA | '14 OKW | '15 UCR/Texas/ASM
mrscopeman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 12, 01:11 AM  
Link to this Post
tinkerbell5
Imagineer

We are flying the first sat in feb and returning the weekend the school holidays start. we would be there for checking opening and even if the flight is full not everyone may hav pre booked do you think? Aaargg worring now. xx
Old 3 Nov 12, 01:14 AM  
Link to this Post
mrscopeman
Imagineer

Can you book seats online? If so get the point where you have chosen the seats just to see whats free and whats not. Thats how I made my decisions in the past.

I didn't book coming back with BA but even as a family of 4 we were seated together even though the flight was almost full.
With Own Brood: '07 POFQ | '08 POFQ | '09 SSR | '10 BCR | '11 AKL | '12 OKW | '13 AoA | '14 OKW | '15 UCR/Texas/ASM
mrscopeman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 12, 01:16 AM  
Link to this Post

Yes,pre book but be careful of booking the back part of the plane .it may just have been a one off but we were very close to back and they not only ran out of half of the food so yor first choice is probably not going to happen . You are also last in line for the snacks so when they got to us there was nothing left and we were not even asked if we wanted anything.
Being last off the plane results in you being last in the queue for immigration which takes about an hour and and a half wait.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 12, 01:19 AM  
Link to this Post
tinkerbell5
Imagineer

Good idea. I have booked through thomas cook with virgin flights i am going tomorrow in store to see if i can get a virgin flight reference off them so i can log on to my booking . thanks x
Old 3 Nov 12, 01:21 AM  
Link to this Post
tinkerbell5
Imagineer

Thanks grazee good advice
Old 3 Nov 12, 01:25 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by tinkerbell5 View Post
There are 2 of us travelling in February on Virgin to Orlando International, I have not pre booked our seats to sit together, do you think I should I am worried now ?
Given that you are just coming up to the current window of 90 days where you can submit seat requests, why wouldn't you?

It's free, it might not always be successful but I can't think of a reason not to be honest.
If you didn't see anything suitable, just don't complete the request process and turn up at the airport.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 12, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Poppycat
Imagineer

Poppycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We've booked VA flights with a TC Sig package this time round. Still a long time to wait, but when should we expect to be able to get our flight locator code to be able to do manage my booking? Checked with them yesterday and they don't have it yet.

Edited at 09:43 AM.
Poppycat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread