Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Jun 19, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile Just booked May half term flights as prices have dropped

Not sure if anybody else has been watching prices for May half term so though I’d post.

Just booked direct with BA LGW to MCO economy basic 23-30 May 2ad 1ch for £980 total.

Skyscanner had slightly cheaper but I was happy to pay £70 extra to book with BA direct.

I’ve been watching prices since release and not seen anything below £1500 total with Thomas Cook.

I know virgin haven’t released yet but I’d set myself a target of £1200 total so I’m happy to have it booked now and stop looking.

Now just to sort out my dvc rental as whilst there’s room availability they don’t have members with points to rent 😞
Bellasmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
tillymoon
Excited about Disney

thats a fab price!

who are you renting DVC off? have you tried Daves DVC?

i used them last time and they where great

DLP 2012
WDW, SSR, RPR and Gulf coast 2017
next trip WDW, US, DS, SW -Easter 2020 !
tillymoon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

BA flights are very cheap next May from London. If only they flew direct from Manchester
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
jampxx
Excited about Disney

Those are amazing prices! Was very tempted!
jampxx is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by tillymoon View Post
thats a fab price!

who are you renting DVC off? have you tried Daves DVC?

i used them last time and they where great
It’s daves we’re using, or trying to 😂

We selected three resorts and all of them have availability but they don’t have members with points for any of them 😞
Bellasmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

This is the first time I’ve booked flights without luggage.

It was £40 each person each way extra and that just didn’t seem worth it for a week.

Hopefully we’ll be staying at a dvc resort so there’ll be no cost for laundry and we can travel light.

I might just add a bag on for return and buy a cheap hold-all out there to bring back if we want to do any shopping.

It’s £40 to add a bag in advance so even if we added one each way and took 1 big case between us it’s still £160 saving.
Old 24 Jun 19, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Nads75
First POST

Mobile

I held them for 72hrs while i check other things out as that is the lowest I have seen them so far and didnt want to lose them. We got 14 days (week during school and week of may half term) for 4 of us at £1440 with 23kgs of luggage each. It may have been cheaper at a later date, especially as we were looking at August but I was scared to let it go.
Nads75 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nads75 View Post
I held them for 72hrs while i check other things out as that is the lowest I have seen them so far and didnt want to lose them. We got 14 days (week during school and week of may half term) for 4 of us at £1440 with 23kgs of luggage each. It may have been cheaper at a later date, especially as we were looking at August but I was scared to let it go.
That’s a great price. May is a great time to go imo. Before dd started school we always did the same two weeks as you and it was great weather and crowd wise.

Unfortunately we’re tied to the holidays as I work in a school so no flexibility re dates.

I did see that if we could have gone Thursday to Thursday we could have got it for about £800.

Edited at 11:29 PM.
Old 25 Jun 19, 12:54 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyF1rstT1me
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks so much for your post Bellasmummy. I've just booked out flights too, which I was NOT expecting to be doing tonight or anytime soon! I have been keeping a loose eye out for May flights in Whit half term but wasn't expecting to find anything decent until the Virgin sale in August/September.

I've booked 2a,2c Gatwick to MCO 22 May for two weeks for £1513 including 23kg bags for everyone. I'm dead happy with that price as I'd been hoping to pay £1600-2000 and realistically thought I might cave at around the £2200 mark. Only negative is we live in Manchester and so now have the commute to London but airport parking is only £54 if we book it now (which we will) and, like OP said, the relief of just knowing our flights are booked and at such a good price outweighed this negative.

Right, I need to sort my countdown timer now and then get some sleep. How am I going to sleep when I'm so excited?!
DisneyF1rstT1me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 02:37 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsWoody
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyF1rstT1me View Post
Thanks so much for your post Bellasmummy. I've just booked out flights too, which I was NOT expecting to be doing tonight or anytime soon! I have been keeping a loose eye out for May flights in Whit half term but wasn't expecting to find anything decent until the Virgin sale in August/September.

I've booked 2a,2c Gatwick to MCO 22 May for two weeks for £1513 including 23kg bags for everyone. I'm dead happy with that price as I'd been hoping to pay £1600-2000 and realistically thought I might cave at around the £2200 mark. Only negative is we live in Manchester and so now have the commute to London but airport parking is only £54 if we book it now (which we will) and, like OP said, the relief of just knowing our flights are booked and at such a good price outweighed this negative.

Right, I need to sort my countdown timer now and then get some sleep. How am I going to sleep when I'm so excited?!
We've just booked similar flights too 21st may - 7 June for £1370 for 2a3c (basic but are just going to add 1 suitcase going out and 2 back for £120) which I was really happy with. We're also coming from Manchester, can I ask where you found your parking? Seems to be coming up around £100 for us.

May 2015 - Planning:Vero beach, 4nt Disney Dream, Dibb Villa @Westridge,WDW Dolphin & RPR Club level
MrsWoody is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List