Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Apr 20, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
LW2412
Trainee Dibber

Mobile Re book for Christmas and lose dining?

Hi, we currently have August booked and have asked our TA for a quote to move to Christmas. They’ve come back saying we’d lose the DDP (we got free QSDP and upgraded to DDP) at a cost of £6k (there are 11 of us).

Help! Any options / suggestions / alternatives etc?
LW2412 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 20, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

The only suggestion would be to rebook for next year when/if the free dining offer is out?

Or stay offsite and eat at fewer Disney restaurants.
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 20, 06:19 AM  
Link to this Post
LW2412
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Thanks for replying

When I price it up with Disney, the increase is £1500. Is the TA just taking a massive cut? I’m really hoping they’ll price match or we’ll have to wait until it gets officially cancelled and ask for a full refund then hope Disney still have some availability.

We can’t do 2021 due to exams except Christmas and presumably we’d then have the same problem anyway! Starting to think we’ll never get there!

So stressful!
LW2412 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 20, 07:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Mobile

Your price with Disney, is it exactly the same as your TA, does that include paying for DDP, flights, tickets, etc?

It's a big difference.

Could you secure Disney for £50 deposit? If and when August is cancelled then get a refund and you'll have Disney already booked? Don't forget to check you can get insurance though for a new booking.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 20, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

where are you currently booked for ? which resort ?
Old 23 Apr 20, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
LW2412
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Blue nose View Post
Your price with Disney, is it exactly the same as your TA, does that include paying for DDP, flights, tickets, etc?

It's a big difference.

Could you secure Disney for £50 deposit? If and when August is cancelled then get a refund and you'll have Disney already booked? Don't forget to check you can get insurance though for a new booking.
Yep it’s exactly the same! I’ve checked it so many times, thinking I must have missed something but I haven’t!

That was my plan to book Disney and use the money from the refund but I worry that flights will be allowed and we’ll technically be able to go but with restrictions (which we don’t ideally want) - I hoped that by postponing to Dec we’d be seeing fewer restrictions.

The insurance side of it is what worries me - I’d really prefer to amend our original booking for that reason but we can’t pay £6k more!
Old 23 Apr 20, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
LW2412
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Jaspercat10 View Post
where are you currently booked for ? which resort ?
POFQ with upgraded DDP. My new quote is based on CSR as it was the only moderate showing availability. I’ve told the TA we’re happy to change resorts.

I’m so stressed!
Old 23 Apr 20, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Have you had a look on an american travel agent site, we are booked for CS for Christmas but there was an offer for Free Nights on the UK website so it counteracted the ddp cost if that makes sense but it is definitely more expensive at Christmas it is their top season we went last year, the Americans have different offers to us I can give you someones details if you like and you can email her. What deposit would you loose
Old 23 Apr 20, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
LW2412
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Jaspercat10 View Post
Have you had a look on an american travel agent site, we are booked for CS for Christmas but there was an offer for Free Nights on the UK website so it counteracted the ddp cost if that makes sense but it is definitely more expensive at Christmas it is their top season we went last year, the Americans have different offers to us I can give you someones details if you like and you can email her. What deposit would you loose
Thanks, that sounds interesting - yes please!

We have paid in full 😩😩😩
Old 23 Apr 20, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
elliecjno1
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

We were booked for start of May and just cancelled everything for a refund. Im not rebooking as I can't deal with the if's whats and maybes, and also lesser experience than we know & love due to restrictions. Then there's the lack of insurance. My family's health is my priority & I'm not willing to risk losing possibly thousands in desperation to have a date in the diary to make myself feel better. We'll go in a few years hopefully when it's calmed down and the new normal is working well in full swing.

Edited at 11:16 AM.
elliecjno1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List