Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 25 Apr 20, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
potts81
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile Flight one way and Eurostar the other?

Hi there,

So I've booked Disneyland Paris via the WDTC and the Eurostar direct home for 2 nights in Novemeber.

However, to maximise our time at the parks I want to go on the night before, after I've finished work on the Thursday. My dilemma is whether to book a flight to Paris CDG (which is very cheap at the moment £30 each) or the Eurostar to Paris and then either way we would book a transfer to DLP? ( pre-booked provisionally EzyShuttle).

We live about 40 mins on the train away London St Pancreas and 13 mins on the train to London Gatwick or a 20 min taxi ride, I know the flight will get us there earlier than the Eurostar plus transfer will be quicker ( according to Google maps).

But I have two worries, one is in the likely event we have to push back our dates to 2021, how hard is it going to be to get all three companies ( WDTC, Easy Jet, Eurostar) to change to specific dates?

Has anyone done this before a flight one way and Eurostar the other?

Also as this would the last flight out of Gatwick if for any reason this was cancelled there wouldn't be another flight out till the morning, losing the hotel we booked for the night before.

I guess flying would be more convenient, quicker and cheaper for us, but it's a worry about being stranded if flight got cancelled, as this is last flight out with Easyjey to Paris. Therefore, we would lose the money we had paid for the night in the hotel also.

Any advise on the above would b great.

TIA
potts81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 20, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Andyroom
I want to go now!

Hands down, eurostar would be my choice. I find it so much more comfortable and relaxing. And the environmental difference between the two options is also significant.
Andyroom is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 20, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridafan
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 53
Definitely Eurostar for me too plus keeping the travel with one provider is going to be much easier to manage should you need to make changes.
Floridafan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 20, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
aj2703
slightly serious Dibber

If I were you i'd look at the option to drive. Who knows how both Eurostar and the airlines will be operating in November. Both are enclosed spaces while travelling and as of today I wouldn't want to be in either.

Pretty sure if you go by eurotunnel you can stay in your own vehicle so wouldn't come into contact with others in a confined space.
aj2703 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List