Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Apr 20, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Rachaelwoolly
VIP Dibber

Would you choose The Garland over Springhill Suites in Burbank..?

Hello All

As part of our LA trip - Me and my 2 sons 24 & 19 want to do Universal WB studios and a touch of Hollywood.BTW we won't have a car.

I have been looking for a hotel where we all get to have our own bed, so The Garland does a queen with Bunks kids room and Springhill does 2 doubles and a sofa bed in a room.

I love the look/feel of the Garland but wonder if we would be better off in Burbank as at Springhill plus its a few hundred £ cheaper for our planned 4 nights.
If anyone has any experience thoughts about the location to access those things we would like to do or either of these hotels etc I would appreciate your views.. or indeed any other hotel option to accommodate our party...Thanks

Edited at 09:57 AM.
Rachaelwoolly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 20, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
KayLouise
Very Serious Dibber

Sorry, no help but following!
I'm torn between booking The Garland or the Hilton at Universal City.
The Garland looks fab, and the bunk beds would be perfect for us, plus there's a free shuttle to Universal.
The Hilton is within walking distance to Universal and City Walk.

We will have a car, but I think with Lyft and Uber it would be quite easy and inexpensive to get around to see the other sights.
Old 26 Apr 20, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachaelwoolly
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by KayLouise View Post
Sorry, no help but following!
I'm torn between booking The Garland or the Hilton at Universal City.
The Garland looks fab, and the bunk beds would be perfect for us, plus there's a free shuttle to Universal.
The Hilton is within walking distance to Universal and City Walk.

We will have a car, but I think with Lyft and Uber it would be quite easy and inexpensive to get around to see the other sights.
Hi KayLouise !
All these decisions eh !?
For me the Garland feels like somewhere you can chill out a bit and what with their highly rated restaurant and the movies round the pool as well as the bunk beds and the shuttle which will take you to the metro and not too far from Warner brothers studios its tempting !
...As I am the shortest in the party at 5 ft 4, I expect I will be in the bottom bunk !
You've given me another idea so I will also check out The Hilton !
Rachaelwoolly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 20, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
KayLouise
Very Serious Dibber

Haha decisions decisions! I'm struggling, The Garland does look so lovely, my kids would love the pool there. But I also like the idea of being right by Citywalk at the Hilton with all the food options and shops there. We are booking as a package through BA, so a bit limited to what hotels they use.
Happy planning!
Old 26 Apr 20, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I booked the Garland- family suite for July. Looks to be one of the good guys- even though a no cancellation room rate, they told me if I cannot get there I can get a refund.
Old 26 Apr 20, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachaelwoolly
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I booked the Garland- family suite for July. Looks to be one of the good guys- even though a no cancellation room rate, they told me if I cannot get there I can get a refund.
Great ! You've not nothing to lose
Old 27 Apr 20, 06:55 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mobys mum View Post
Great ! You've not nothing to lose
Oh I booked it last year for this- I won’t be going I’m sure. I wouldn’t book anything now until next summer at the earliest.
Old 27 Apr 20, 07:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Rachaelwoolly
VIP Dibber

oh...
I think once all this settles we will appreciate so many things so much more including those of us that are lucky enough to be able to travel
Old 1 May 20, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

We are booked to stay at the garland in the middle of our trip. We will hopefully be there for 5 nights. It looks lovely, I so hope our trip can still take place 🤞
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 20, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachaelwoolly
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by nursetina View Post
We are booked to stay at the garland in the middle of our trip. We will hopefully be there for 5 nights. It looks lovely, I so hope our trip can still take place 🤞
I do hope you get to take your trip nursetina !
I think I have set my heart on The Garland for the non disney bit of our stay in LA