Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 May 20, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Oh poop. We were hoping for Las Vegas with a trip to the Grand Canyon this Nov. A quick, timid, look online says they are still as
active November. A different trip it is!
Yep I am that bad!
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 20, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mary A View Post
We stayed at El Tovar
This is where we stayed. And would be our first choice for next time.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 20, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We stayed at the yavapai lodge twice now, we love it there but your not in your room long tbh.
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 20, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

We have stayed at Maswick Lodge twice. Basic but clean, and maybe a 5 minute walk to the canyon. It was cheap and I would stay there again. GC is just amazing
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 20, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

We stayed at Yavapai Lodge too. Looked basic online - but we were pleasantly surprised when we got to the room (This was 2016). Would stay there again
It was a nice walk to the canyon rim. We walked over for sunset - then got up early and walked over again for sunrise.

On the subject of sunset/sunrise, if you have a clear night it is well worth going outside in the pitch dark and looking up at the stars. Wow. Never seen so many many stars in my life. The sky looked grey but grey because of all the thousands upon thousands of stars. I'll never forget that.
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 20, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
Best place is the grand canyon village
There are a number of hotels there
We stayed at the maswick lodge - basic and no air con but only about Ł100 I think and you could walk to the canyon
Just for future reference buryboy Maswick Lodge North does have air con. Maybe a recent addition since you were there? We also had a fridge and coffee maker. Stayed there twice, both times in winter and was only about $80. Well worth the money to us. I agree best place to stay is GC village.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 20, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
newstewart
Apprentice Imagineer

Also stayed in Maswick Lodge, not necessarily the best hotel I've ever stayed in but it's left an everlasting memory that I'll never forget. Minutes walk to the canyon.
Would like to return someday
newstewart is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 20, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Kenbrook
Proud to wear my Ears

There’s plenty of accommodation in Tusayan village just outside the park. It means driving in and parking up but it’s quite straightforward.
Kenbrook is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeymouseears
Excited about Disney

We went in June 2018 and we didn't see any.
Would you consider going to Monument Valley, it is stunning.
mickeymouseears is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

We’ve been a couple of times and stayed on the north rim and rented a cabin there

Jules
signtalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List