Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 May 20, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Who is that desperate for the ice cream van?

My son took this picture off facebook (apologies for the quality), which was taken at Ruislip lido yesterday. Clearly people were so desperate for an ice cream that social distancing was ignored, and the ice cream seller was taking cash and giving change then picking up cornets that people eat (yuk).

And the funniest thing is that the ice cream seller was moved on by police as he wasn't licenced to be selling ice creams there (oh dear).

So who would be that desperate for an ice cream they would risk it?

mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 20, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
bobcat12
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Agree with you but this seems fairly typical of the behaviour I have seen recently (from a distance!) Most people don't seem to be using commonsense and just think everything's back to normal because the government have relaxed measures. By the way those icecream Van's charge way too much, I can remember when an icecream from the van used to cost about 30p!
bobcat12 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 20, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
Imagineer

Mobile

It was one of our residents birthday last week and our manager managed to get one to visit the home. All the necessary safety precautions were followed. I work nights and by the time I came to work there was hardly any left in the freezer. The residents all enjoyed it though which is the main thing☺️.
JudgeJ26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 20, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bobcat12 View Post
Agree with you but this seems fairly typical of the behaviour I have seen recently (from a distance!) Most people don't seem to be using commonsense and just think everything's back to normal because the government have relaxed measures. By the way those icecream Van's charge way too much, I can remember when an icecream from the van used to cost about 30p!
The last time I bought an ice cream from the ice cream van, the seller looked likes he needed a hot bath and the ice cream wasn't very nice and at £2.50 a cornet, a tub of walls ice cream from the supermarket tasted nicer and probably made a dozen or so ice creams cornets for the same price (and no hygiene issues).
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 20, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
An ice cream van has been going around near where I live for the last week or so. I assume he/she is getting some business although I doubt they get long lines like that one.

I wondered how they handed over the ice cream and lollies whilst maintaining social distancing. Do they use a 2m long pole with a grabber on the end? Or do they just throw the ice cream to the customer?

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 20, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

The ice-cream van round our way now comes to your house if you want them to come you book a slot
Cutiepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 20, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
The ice cream man stops outside my house and we don’t buy anything, We have done when the kids were small. I certainly wouldn’t with this virus hanging over us. Ice cream van used to park outside my school and my mum said I couldn’t get one because he was picking his nose. I don’t know if that’s true or she just didn’t want to spend the money out!

Edited at 10:28 AM.
Sandra & co is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 20, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
The last time I bought an ice cream from the ice cream van, the seller looked likes he needed a hot bath and the ice cream wasn't very nice and at £2.50 a cornet, a tub of walls ice cream from the supermarket tasted nicer and probably made a dozen or so ice creams cornets for the same price (and no hygiene issues).
I always thought a 99 ice cream was called that because it cost 99p. That was proved wrong when I bought one from an ice cream van.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 20, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Cutiepie View Post
The ice-cream van round our way now comes to your house if you want them to come you book a slot
Do you have to book 30 days in advance or 60 days if you pay extra*?

*(c) Disney Money Making Business Ideas

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Old 20 May 20, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
my mum said I couldn’t get one because he was picking his nose. I don’t if that’s true or she just didn’t want to spend the money out!
gf's folks used to tell her that the ice cream man ringing the bell meant he had sold out already!
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List