Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 28 May 20, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
tobydog
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Any construction going on

Well we should be in Florida right now but not only is this cancelled it doesn't look like it will happen anytime soon. I was therefore considering taking my son ,daughter in law and 2 grandchildren to Paris in November if things are settled. My Niece has told D.I.L that not worth going as a lot of construction going on. Could anybody confirm if this is correct and if so what is involved. Thank you
tobydog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Construction for the 50th was put/on hold when the parks closed
As of Monday our neighbor at the villa works for Disney on the construction/ maintenance genome has been furloughed goes back to work as do full security and cleaning crews
First faceing cast members his terms in 2 weeks for training etc
He’s so relieved as they were about to start using food pantry ( banks) donations there stimulating checks $1200 each adult 4 in the house has just covered there bills
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 12:51 AM  
Link to this Post
tobydog

Thanks I am really pleased to hear things are looking a little better for your neighbour and his family. Can I check though are you talking about Walt Disney World
tobydog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 05:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Yes I am
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post

The current construction work is very much centred around the Walt Disney Studios Park, so much so it has earned the nick name "Wall Disney Studios Park" at the moment because there is a lot of it.

Rock n Rollercoaster is closed and being re-themed to Iron Man, a new Spiderman ride is being built and the Tram Tour has closed to be re-routed and re-themed to the Cars films. The park was crying out for a refurb though so this is all needed - and there are still some great rides open in this park including Tower of Terror, Ratatouille and Crush's Coaster (plus a few more!).

The Disneyland Park is business as usual, no big construction projects at all. So aside from any specific rides that might be closed for regular scheduled maintenance that park is looking good.

Hope that helps.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
tobydog

Thank you that makes it much clearer x
Old 29 May 20, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
livvipivvi
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Sorry to jump on this thread... we are going to DLP next February. Does anyone know if there’s much chance of any of the Studios works being completed by then?
August 2018 WDW - POFQ & AK
July 2020 DLP - NPB
livvipivvi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by livvipivvi View Post
Sorry to jump on this thread... we are going to DLP next February. Does anyone know if there’s much chance of any of the Studios works being completed by then?
The original plan was to have Marvel Land (new Spiderman ride and re-themed Rock n Rollercoaster) open Spring 2021 and the re-themed Tram Tour Summer 2020.

However due to current events both of those are behind schedule now, so I would expect them to be still ongoing works next Feb.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
cairn114
Excited about Disney

I’m guessing the Tram Tour will reopen first maybe later this year?
There is also the Buzz refurbishment in the main park which may now be finished by Halloween and also the reopening of the railroad (hopefully).
cairn114 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List