Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 29 May 20, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
daztomlo
Proud to wear my Ears

I understand the concern about only booking dining etc 60 days out, but surely a 35% discount on rooms pretty much covers the cost of dining. It doesnt sound too bad a deal to me.

I genuinely think Disney are trying to do the best they can, and with reduced capacity in the parks and restaurants then it couldnt just be a free for all with dining.
daztomlo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Lilminx View Post
sorry just to clarify. I booked direct through WDW and added the DDP to our booking at an extra cost... has my DDP now be cancelled? If it has will we automatically be refunded that cost? I can still see all my restaurant reservations
Have you paid for it already, as you still look a way off balance due date?

It sounds like all dining plans are cancelled and ADRs will be cancelled, presumably that is not something they can do instantly.

Edited at 07:28 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by daztomlo View Post
I understand the concern about only booking dining etc 60 days out, but surely a 35% discount on rooms pretty much covers the cost of dining. It doesnt sound too bad a deal to me.

I genuinely think Disney are trying to do the best they can, and with reduced capacity in the parks and restaurants then it couldnt just be a free for all with dining.
I would treat the 35% with caution at the moment. I strongly suspect this is for US packages that include free dining at the moment. There was an offer over there at the beginning of Covid where folks that cancelled could rebook with free dining from June 1st. I think this is the offer DFB are referring to. It will take a while to filter through to the UK TAs (including Disney UK).

DDP Vs OOP Live! June 2018
adamtoonarmy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

I agree , I think Disney are trying to cope with a global pandemic . If reports about Disney springs are true and behaviour down there then it wouldn’t surprise me if they close the doors again . The virus hasn’t gone away . This is about safety and ensuring they have done the best they can not about ruining somebody’s holiday .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post

I also agree they are trying to do their best whilst being safe.

The 35% room discount would be fabulous for a solo traveller, not too bad for a couple but would become less of a offset for a family of five that planned to share a room with free dining.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by emck942 View Post
We are due to check into POFQ on 27.9.20 and our DDP is still appearing on MDE, has it been updated yet to reflect the DDP plan cancellation?
We're booked for 7th August and ours are all on there still. I'm sure it'll take time to go through and cancel everything.
Old 29 May 20, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Lilminx
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Have you paid for it already, as you still look a way off balance due date?

It sounds like all dining plans are cancelled and ADRs will be cancelled, presumably that is not something they can do instantly.
yep paid in full when we booked

2020 victim of Covid
Lilminx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I also agree they are trying to do their best whilst being safe.

The 35% room discount would be fabulous for a solo traveller, not too bad for a couple but would become less of a offset for a family of five that planned to share a room with free dining.
I think it may work out better for us and allow us to stay at a deluxe rather than moderate.

It may also work out that those who rebooked are now in a better position of having their chosen resort assuming the 35% also applies to them.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
I agree , I think Disney are trying to cope with a global pandemic . If reports about Disney springs are true and behaviour down there then it wouldn’t surprise me if they close the doors again . The virus hasn’t gone away . This is about safety and ensuring they have done the best they can not about ruining somebody’s holiday .
Agree with both of you! Disney are pretty good at managing crowds, I’m sure whatever they come up with will be the best they can do bearing in mind people’s safety. There will unfortunately be losers, (most likely I expect to be among them this year as offsite without confirmed existing tickets) but until we know how it’s going to work and what your expectations of actually being able to get into a park are I guess we just have to wait and see. Things change quickly with this both for the worse and better.

What’s been happening at Disney Springs-haven’t been reading much recently-too depressing
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mickie View Post
Agree with both of you! Disney are pretty good at managing crowds, I’m sure whatever they come up with will be the best they can do bearing in mind people’s safety. There will unfortunately be losers, (most likely I expect to be among them this year as offsite without confirmed existing tickets) but until we know how it’s going to work and what your expectations of actually being able to get into a park are I guess we just have to wait and see. Things change quickly with this both for the worse and better.

What’s been happening at Disney Springs-haven’t been reading much recently-too depressing
Virtual queue of 6 hrs at world of Disney , people not adhering to social distancing at all. Staff having to yell at guests to make them listen . We’ve all seen it on normal days so for staff this must just be a living nightmare for them. No way would I want to work in that environment let alone holiday in it . People need to accept the virus is still infecting a lot of people and spikes aren’t noticed until at least 3 weeks later which is then too late for some people .
EasyJet are resuming our Flights to Sicily with the look of it and we just don’t want to go . Staying safe here is bad enough
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List