Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 24 Nov 17, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
beeftinkler
Very Serious Dibber

Take Black Friday deal or Wait/Hope Disney 25% off?

Is anyone else wondering if they should buy their tickets now with various Black Friday deals, or wait/hope to see if Disney discount their tickets by 25% again like last year? My granddad always said 'hope in one hand and spit in the other and see which one fills-up first'... (I'm beginning to think there will be no Disney discount as no rumours).

Edited at 08:27 AM.
beeftinkler is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 17, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
tootsie rolls
Imagineer

tootsie rolls's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I'm waiting on this as well as we need 8 ads and 2 kids,fingers crossed 😃😃
Linfields April 1999,Westridge April 2002,Indian ridge April 2005,Hampton lakes June 2008,Westridge June 2010,Sunset lakes sept 2012,Rosen inn point Nov 2014,Residence inn may 2016,Hampton lakes may 2018
tootsie rolls is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 17, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
NeeNeeWong
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by tootsie rolls View Post
I'm waiting on this as well as we need 8 ads and 2 kids,fingers crossed 😃😃
Have you tried emailing attraction tickets direct for a discount? We found them the cheapest before by doing this as we were a group of 7.

attraction-tickets-direct/groups

Edited at 12:38 PM.
NeeNeeWong is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 17, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
woollys_super
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I’m going to buy now, I found florida escapes are doing 21 day ultimates for £385. I’m happy with this, just won’t check any more prices after
Disney World, Encantada August 2016
Disney World, Davenport July 2018
woollys_super is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 17, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
beeftinkler
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by woollys_super View Post
I’m going to buy now, I found florida escapes are doing 21 day ultimates for £385. I’m happy with this, just won’t check any more prices after
That's exactly what we're thinking
beeftinkler is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 17, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
fiffio
Imagineer

Mobile

Remember guys, if your not bothered about park hopping or the Disney water parks then consider magic your way base tickets.

7 day base tickets are just over £300 just now at Orlando attractions. You can get 5 days for £277 too.

So long as one of you has an ultimate ticket you all get memory maker too...

It’s defo an option if your doing other parks...
fiffio is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 17, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
huggybearv1
Proud to wear my Ears

Some past dibbers on here are mentioning that the sales that are on now for black friday are the same as the sales on boxing day .. im gonna hold out and see if Disney have their 25% off sale .. if they don't then i'll but mine in the boxing day sales!

Huggy
huggybearv1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 17, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
beeftinkler
Very Serious Dibber

We need the 21 day Ultimate, which even with a 25% discount on the Disney price, is still £330 (£55 cheaper than current Florida Escapes price), AND the 21 day tickets weren't included in the 25% sale last year.
Old 24 Nov 17, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by beeftinkler View Post
(I'm beginning to think there will be no Disney discount as no rumours).
Pure speculation on my part but I don't think they'll be a 25% discount this year. The prices of the tickets aren't moving the same way they did last year. Last year, Disney increased their ticket prices significantly in the period from July to September after the referendum vote before dropping the price in December. I'm not seeing that this year.

Disney may reduce the prices by 10% to 15%, perhaps reducing the 7 day Ultimates to around £350 to £360. Then doing the usual "14 days for the price of 7" offer to make the 14 day ticket approx £350/£360 as well (cheaper than the 2017 price). That would be similar strategy as last year, and also be a nice bit of marketing.

But that's just a guess. It very much depends on how 2018 ticket sales are doing - and only Disney UK (and maybe third party ticket sellers) will know that.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 01:10 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 17, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
Mobile

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Pure speculation on my part but I don't think they'll be a 25% discount this year. The prices of the tickets aren't moving the same way they did last year. Last year, Disney increased their ticket prices significantly in the period from July to September after the referendum vote before dropping the price in December. I'm not seeing that this year.

Disney may reduce the prices by 10% to 15%, perhaps reducing the 7 day Ultimates to around £350 to £360. Then doing the usual "14 days for the price of 7" offer to make the 14 day ticket approx £350/£360 as well (cheaper than the 2017 price). That would be similar strategy as last year, and also be a nice bit of marketing.

But that's just a guess.
The only thing that makes me think they might is the fact they've reduced tickets for Canadian residents. Otherwise I agree.