Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Dec 17, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
taffs travels
VIP Dibber

we are going for a week in 8 days time. we have done a week before and had a great time. you just need to plan and make the most of every day
taffs travels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 17, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
MJ6987
Very Serious Dibber

Don't Americans (i.e. Most WDW visitors) go for less than a week as a matter of course, with around 4 nights being the norm?
MJ6987 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 17, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I've done a week several times. In some ways we seemed to get far more done knowing we didn't have time to linger or return to specific parks later in the trip. We have 12 nights next trip in Orlando as we are also doing a cruise and spending time elsewhere and I'm having moments worrying it's too long lol
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 17, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
gazadonna9
slightly serious Dibber

gazadonna9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

As others have said defo go for a week. The past few years I have only managed a week but I see it as being better than nothing 😁
gazadonna9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 17, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MJ6987 View Post
Don't Americans (i.e. Most WDW visitors) go for less than a week as a matter of course, with around 4 nights being the norm?
Probably, but they get a lot less annual leave than we do.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 17, 03:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MJ6987 View Post
They probably go more often and spend less time travelling though so they don't need to spend so many days there in one go.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 17, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

I wouldn’t. Flight is too long and too expensive to have what in effect would be 5 or 6 days there, the first day being too tired to do much and the jet lag once home.

I might do 10 or 11 days minimum if I could find a really cheap flight.

Edited at 11:38 AM.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 17, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
candycat75
Imagineer

candycat75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Yes I've been a few times for a week. Like others have said its better than nothing.
Old 4 Dec 17, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
flippyflop
Excited about Disney

We're heading off for a cheeky week on Friday! Go for it!

Florida 1997, 1999, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2014, April 2017, & December 2017 booked. With many more to come, we hope...
DLP 2002
flippyflop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 17, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

If I was desperate for a Disney fix and only had a week I'd go to Disneyland Paris. It's closer, no jet lag etc. I'm a solo visitor and went to DLP for a few days in September this year - it cost me a quarter of what my visit to WDW next September is costing me.

Edited at 02:40 PM.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List