Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 Dec 17, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Greyfriars
Imagineer

TSA Precheck?

I have just done OLCI for my Man to McCoy flight tomorrow. On my boarding cards it gives my ref no then TSA PRECHK.

Has anywone had this and does it mean I can bypass the immigration lines at Orlando. I have never applied for this.
The person i spoke to at VA seemed to know less than me.
Old 2 Dec 17, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkerella123
Imagineer

You can use the pre check lane if you can find it, no need to take shoes off etc, only good if all the family has pre check on their ticket.we had this coming back from Orlando but couldn’t find the lane.
tinkerella123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 17, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Greyfriars
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by tinkerella123 View Post
You can use the pre check lane if you can find it, no need to take shoes off etc, only good if all the family has pre check on their ticket.we had this coming back from Orlando but couldn’t find the lane.
We both have it so I will be on the lookout for the lane. 😀
Old 2 Dec 17, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

TSA Pre applies only to security at US airports, not relevant for a MAN-MCO direct flight. You might have it on the return or at any US connecting airport on an indirect itinerary. It does not do anything at immigration.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 17, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Greyfriars
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Peko View Post
TSA Pre applies only to security at US airports, not relevant for a MAN-MCO direct flight. You might have it on the return or at any US connecting airport on an indirect itinerary. It does not do anything at immigration.
Thanks Peko,. Just as I thought. I couldn't even understand why it's on the outward boarding card. 🤔
Old 2 Dec 17, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

You do not have to have precheck for the entire family unless you are joined by the hip and cannot separate. Precheck has special security lanes that do not require you remove shoes and also you can keep electronics in bags. In the US you can apply for this. I frequently fly from Logan in Boston and the precheck line is often longer (sometimes much longer) than the regular line. In Houston Hobby, I find it often is slightly shorter.

In theory, it should save time. IN reality sometimes it does, others not so much. I like keeping my shoes on and not having to empty my laptop from my bag. It's $85.00 for Americans and approval is for 5 years, so if you fly regularly a few dollars per flight. Some airlines also offer precheck based on the seat you book.

Whether you can easily find the line depends on the airport. It is also not required and my local airport (MHT -the other Manchester) often does not have a dedicated line open.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 17, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Greyfriars
Imagineer

Mobile

Strangely I have never applied or paid for this as we only travel to the USA once a year. 😕
Old 2 Dec 17, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
twinhope
Excited about Disney

We have had TSA pre approved on our tickets for our last 4 trips. We did not apply for it nor have we ever paid extra for it. Apparently it is a random thing applied to some tickets. I guess we just hit it lucky each time. I love it as you do not have to remove your shoes or take out your computer. At MCO there are blue signs by the security lines that say TSA pre-approved with a check mark on them. That is where you go..
twinhope is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 17, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Greyfriars. Virgin participates in Pre Check. I suspect you will get it on your return boarding cards. The lines at MCO are to your right as you face the security area, right by the newsagent shop. Normally they have 3 desks open and you will be through in less than 5 mins.
You have been identified as a low risk traveller who has travelled with VA before, hence you being allocated this. We have had it for maybe 2 or 3 years now.

We are applying for Global Entry in a few weeks and after the interview at MCO we will get TSA Pre for any carrier not just Virgin.

Finally have a great flight and a great holiday. Been a stressful time for you but enjoy the rest.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 17, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Greyfriars View Post
Strangely I have never applied or paid for this as we only travel to the USA once a year. 😕
They issue it randomly on participating flights. There's probably some clever algorithm behind it but often very frequent fliers with no issues won't get cleared where someone on their second or third trip will.

I'm sticking with randomly assigned though, especially since they hand it out on outbound where it doesn't even apply anyway.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List