Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 Dec 17, 01:52 AM  
Link to this Post
asmidir
Excited about Disney

Aug 2018 Indirect Mia via MCO!

I've just seen some flights from MAN to MIA with 1 stop ...in MCO!

It would make direct flights for around £430 in Aug 2018

Will they really cancel the return in we don't to the MCO to MIA outward leg?

I noticed this ruling recently:

telegraph/travel/ne...ght-cancelled/

Do you think that this could mean that we could get a refund if the airline did cancel the return?

Would be amazing if we could do this!
asmidir is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 17, 02:05 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Yes they will.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 17, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
lilo82
Imagineer

Mobile

yes your return tickets would be cancelled
lilo82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 17, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Alices Aunt
Imagineer

Mobile

Interesting article but the man in questions situation is different to yours and the judge rules his judgment non binding. I think it’s unlikely that you would get a refund if they cancelled you return.
Alices Aunt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 17, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Originally Posted by asmidir View Post
I've just seen some flights from MAN to MIA with 1 stop ...in MCO!

It would make direct flights for around £430 in Aug 2018

Will they really cancel the return in we don't to the MCO to MIA outward leg?

I noticed this ruling recently:

telegraph/travel/ne...ght-cancelled/

Do you think that this could mean that we could get a refund if the airline did cancel the return?

Would be amazing if we could do this!
General rule is if you miss a leg the rest of the trip is cancelled.

I personally wouldn't take any notice of other cases as I wouldn't want the hassle of having to argue/re-book etc. for the sake of a few quid. In your case the drive up from Miami to Orlando is only a few hours so you're not massively impacted for the potential savings made, or you could even tag a day or two onto your trip and explore Miami before driving up (we're doing that next year for direct Fort Lauderdale outbound flight).

It's different for return journeys where people transfer in London (LGW/LHR) and choose to drop the final leg , it still gets cancelled but they just drive home as they have their luggage, but outbound would be very risky IMO.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 17, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Remember that, when you find out your inbound flight has been cancelled (and it will be cancelled), you will NEED to book a flight back to the UK, litteraly *on the day*
One way flights can be twice as expensive as a return flight.
So to fly back to the UK, you'll already pay more for that MCO-MAN ticket that whatever you might, possibly, maybe, get refunded.

Currently the MCO-MAN in august, one way, direct, costs $2350 per person (£1750)

And, on top of that, if you're going legal with the airline, and get a ruling for a refund, the airline will have every right to reprice your ticket, and transform it into a ONE WAY DIRECT flight from MAN to MCO.
Currently the one way direct MAN-MCO costs £1375 per person in august, in economy

SO, let's say you don't take that MCO-MIA flight, and let's say you find a judge who rules in your favor, and decides your inbound has to be refunded
you receive £215 (half of the £430 return fare, to make it simple)

but since you're in FL, you'll need to go back to Manchester.
You will need to pay £1700 or more per person just for that MCO - MAN, and there will be no way to claim that money back from anyone.

so your £430 ticket actually turns into a £2000+ per person ticket

and if you're unlucky and the airline gets back at you, you could face the reprice, and end up with a plane trip that would cost you around £3500+ per person.

Anyway you look at it, even if you get the refund for the inbound flight, you'll need to book a flight back to the UK. And that will hurt your wallet much more than getting the proper return flight in the first place.
And, if the refund for the inbound is a remote possibility, the need to pay, out of YOUR pocket, a £1700+ one way flight back the the UK is an absolute certainty

Edited at 11:11 AM.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 17, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
sunny1
Excited about Disney

if i was me I would take the Miami flight and consider either of the following

a drive to Orlando which is approx. 3-3.5 hours ?

or

look at costs for a internal flight ?

i'm not the brightest apple on the tree but you could find that internal flights up to Orlando are not too bad price wise
sunny1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 17, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

BA thought we had missed one of our first legs of the journey this year (due to a mess up at Manchester), they DID cancel our return journey.

Fortunately we tried to check in on line on our last night (to find no booking) so was able to sort it after many phone calls.

It's a good price but you will need to take the Mco to Miami leg.

There's some BA/AA flights around the same price via Lhr which are a better option (for our dates anyway).

Edited at 12:39 PM.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 17, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
asmidir
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by macadoo View Post
There's some BA/AA flights around the same price via Lhr which are a better option (for our dates anyway).
Thanks, Dates?
asmidir is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 17, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Yes you are right, it would be helpful if you posted your dates.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List