Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Oct 11, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

Hmm I did Test Track last week and thought it was looking tired and in need of a refurbishment. It'll be interesting to see what the changes are
Jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 11, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post

WHAT ARE THE DATES! ? Will be there from the 3rd Sept.

I wasn't confident enough to do TT in '08, but loved it last year, became my favourite ride.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 11, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

So why hasn't there been any official releases on the internet from Disney yet? Seems strange that all the sites say the same and none of them have anything official? Have you actually got/seen a press release Stu?

Not saying its not true but until I see something actually from Disney...
Seems strange to close a major attraction over some of the busiest months of the year...

There have been a couple of the new cars bodies been running on Test Track for sometime.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 11, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by DisneyDi View Post

I wasn't confident enough to do TT in '08, but loved it last year, became my favourite ride.
No one knows the dates right niw, Disney have not even officially announced the extended refurb so we'll have to wait and see.

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 11, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
BensMum
Apprentice Imagineer

I suspect the suggested closure dates means it will close just after Spring Break and be open again in good time for Thanks Giving which are two of the main US holidays. If it opens Oct 2012 it means we'll be lucky this time. On out last visit we missed out on Space Mountain because of it's major refurb. It opened literally a couple of days after our return home. We'd been checking throughout our whole trip hoping for a 'soft opening', but no such luck. Such a shame for folks who will miss out, I know how you feel
BensMum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 11, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
SugarRush
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
It's loooong over due a refurb, I'm quite looking forward to it. As for the dates it's shut...makes people want to come back next year because they missed it...not daft Disney really
Old 3 Oct 11, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by zeldaber View Post
what a stupid time to be closing this attraction, right through the busy 2012 summer season. Along with the refurbishment of MK why dosnt Disney think about its timings!
I agree you would have thought they either would have waited until MK was almost done or done it in the quieter months not smack bang in th middle of the summer. My son was too little last time so we were looking forward to taking him on. Gutted it will be closed
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 11, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

There already started upgrading the ride. 2 of the cars have already been given a new body work and lights,seats and sound system. I been on 1 of the reworked cars and it feels alot better than the old ones. After 14 years of service it does need a good clean up. Maybe when it says let's go on course A they add more track so let cars go on track B.
themeparksandy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 11, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Pinchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDi View Post

I believe they will start on 2nd/3rd April. When its finished is another matter of course
Pinchy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 11, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
WickedPlans
Imagineer

WickedPlans's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Pinchy View Post
I believe they will start on 2nd/3rd April. When its finished is another matter of course
I take it that is a wild guess or do you have some insider knowledge?

I would seem more likely that they would close it after Easter. If not, we'll have to sneak in for a ride at the end of March.
Easter 2010, Florida Pines Villa - Avoiding Disasters, Lessons in Autism: Trip Report
Easter 2012, Sunset Lakes Villa - No Rest for the Wicked: Trip Report
WickedPlans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List