Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Apr 16, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

I don't get what the big deal is about this in it's current guise. It's not taking anything away from anyone who decides not to do it. Yes if you book an early ADR the park's not as empty but Disney didn't promise you an empty park with that dining reservation. Likewise when you go for breakfast at Be Our Guest there's no official perk with it that you can be one of the first on the mine train. It's no different to the hundreds of other premium things you can pay for to get a special experience, skip the lines (by this I mean VIP and the tours they already do where you can skip lines on multiple attractions) etc.

If they start doing this in place of EMH then that's another story, but until then I don't have a problem with it and can definitely see there being a market for it.
dav220588 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 16, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

I wonder how many people will now cancel their early ADRs for Tue & Saturdays and try re-making them for Mon, Wed, Thurs or Sunday!
At least at the moment those days have a possibility of quiet-ish Main Street etc?! 😳
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 16, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
CreakingStool
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Mobile

3 rides! I can't believe people will pay extra for 3 rides and breakfast. Seems like madness. I really hope this isn't the end to EMH 😐

A long awaited Disney Fix. DLP June 2023, me and my girl

CreakingStool is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 16, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by married2mm View Post
Our day 1 is May 7th
All roads would ordinarily lead to MK & we have a breakfast ADR at be our guest.

I really don't know what to do now
Have breakfast somewhere tastier and much cheaper I suppose.
jas72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 16, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Shazzabelle
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Pookie3101 View Post
its a lot of money for what is effectively 3 rides and breakfast.
My thoughts exactly!

DISNEYLAND PARIS TRIPS - March 2006 DLP Sante Fe DD Birthday Trip, June 2007 DLP Disneyland Hotel DS Birthday Trip, Feb 09 Cheyenne Grandmas 60th BDay, Aug 12 Cheyenne Wedd Ann, Aug 15 Cheyenne Wedd Ann, Dec 17 Cheyene 1st Xmas at DLP!, Oct/Nov 18 Sequoia Lodge 1st H'ween at DLP!
FLORIDA TRIPS - Aug 2004 Bahama Bay Honeymoon, Aug 2006 Hampton Lakes 2nd Wedd Ann, Sept/Oct 2008 POR (1st MNSSHP!), Jul/Aug 17 RPR/POR, May/Jun 18 ASS/IDrive/HRH, Aug 22 Me50/DD21/DS18 US&Somewhere on the 192
Shazzabelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 16, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post

We have an early morning ADR at BOG for the 31st May.

We'll keep it, but given there will already people in fantasy land we may lose the advantage of being able to get on the rides we were planning on with little to no queue that morning.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 16, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
married2mm
Imagineer

married2mm's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by jas72 View Post
Have breakfast somewhere tastier and much cheaper I suppose.
It's not a pre park opening though-it's more just a coffee & pastries stop for dmil.
married2mm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 16, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I thought that was e m h was for sorry miss read the whole thing

Edited at 08:47 PM.
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 16, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
granmags
Imagineer

granmags's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Does anyone know if this will affect rope drop and if it will still be at normal opening time? Our first full day is 7th May and we intended doing rope drop at MK for the first time and getting to the SDMT sharpish but there will already be plenty folk in the queue at this time now. Getting up at 5am tomorrow to hopefully get fastpasses for this day so will see how that goes. This early 'magic' is happening on both our planned MK days so may do some shuffling of our plan now.
Another disappointment from Disney on top of missing out on Rivers of Light

I MAY NOT BE RICH OR FAMOUS BUT I DO HAVE PRICELESS GRANDCHILDREN
granmags is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 16, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

funnily i was pleased that if i am able to book for next Aug that at least there would be no nsshps with early park closures having been used to going in Oct previous yrs but now it looks like this will be an all yr round thing!
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List