Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 9 Apr 15, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile DLP Shareholders Club - new membership

Does anyone know when membership will re-open to DLP Shareholders Club?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 15, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post

They still haven't released any further information.

This is because the recapitalisation is now in its final stages although it should be completed, with the results published, by the end of the month.

It is after this point that I would expect to hear the new requirements along with any other changes they are going to make.
Old 13 Apr 15, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Thank you. I wrote to them directly but I haven't had a response. I will check back with them in May/ June and see if they have published the new requirements.
Old 13 Apr 15, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
twinklebelle
Imagineer

I remember reading a little while ago, but can't recall where that there is talk of them changing the amount of shares needed to become a member up to 1000. In that case joining the club would probably be not worth it financially unless you there frequently enough to make your investment back.

I certainly made mine back when I had my first 20 shares, after that not so much. Still I can say I own a tiny piece of Disney and that makes me smile, along with getting 10% off here in the Disney store which is also nice.

DLP: 98,99,02,05,09,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17 and hopefully 21!
And going again - just don't know when!
twinklebelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 15, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post

You're right twinklebelle, there have been many figures rumoured since the announcement back in October. Mainly between 900 and 1000. But until they actually release anything, it's all conjecture.

I personally would expect it to be at least 1000 shares for New Members, possibly more. I would also expect that we start to see some of the benefits being offered to all Shareholders (and AP holders) slowly eroded over the next few years.

Don't forget that current memberships are unaffected and will be renewed indefinitely, so long as the Shareholder retains at least 100 shares. All rights have been Grandfathered in.

Like you, I have certainly made more than my money back with our visits to the park over the last couple of years - even taking into account the additional money used to partake in the recapitalisation. But anyone coming into it now would have to do so with a more 'long-term' view because it would take longer to 'break even' were the benefits received will equal or be greater than the initial investment.

It will be interesting to see what they do with the Shareholders Club over the next few months/years. I just hope that Salon Mickey reopens in time for our next trip at the beginning of next month!
Old 14 Apr 15, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

Yikes! New members having to come in at (rumoured) 1000 shares? Wow. Glad I bought into this a few years ago, although I bought 20, had to buy another 10, then had to buy another 70 to make it through the rules!

But we do love Salon Mickey, and I also love having the 10% off at the Disney Store here, even if most of the stuff they sell is for little kids rather than adult ones!

Prices to visit DLP do seem to be shockingly expensive at the moment though. We would love to go back this year but not sure how as even the cheaper onsite hotels are asking for £1000 for 4 days!
Silvercat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 15, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
twinklebelle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by keiko315 View Post
It will be interesting to see what they do with the Shareholders Club over the next few months/years. I just hope that Salon Mickey reopens in time for our next trip at the beginning of next month!

It will certainly be interesting. I hope it doesn't happen but I can see it not existing in a couple of years time, because they will some how merge all of the DLP stock in to TWDC. I don't know if that would actually be possible given that they're under different international laws and things of that nature.

Fingers crossed for you being to visit Salon Mickey! That is my favourite benefit when I'm there

Silvercat - I agree I've been trying to price up a visit for this year and the prices are just silly. I could go to Florida for two weeks staying on site for less (Well just me not the rest of my family, and I'd still have to pay for way more other things like park tickets, and food cos the half board meal plan is included)

Some of the prices are shocking! I found a deal that looked affordable but by the time I'd got everything else sorted and went back to click 'book' the prices had gone up

DLP: 98,99,02,05,09,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17 and hopefully 21!
And going again - just don't know when!
twinklebelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 15, 06:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Winter prices are good though. I saw £400 odd for 4 days in November the other day, and the Christmas decorations are wonderful.

We booked last Spring for this Spring and the offer was great. Four nights in DLH for £1.120 and we got the Eurostar £69 returns.
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 15, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
HFJohnson
Imagineer

Originally Posted by keiko315 View Post
I just hope that Salon Mickey reopens in time for our next trip at the beginning of next month!
Salon Mickey was open last week and I haven't heard of any plans to shut it in the near future.
HFJohnson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 15, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by HFJohnson View Post
Salon Mickey was open last week and I haven't heard of any plans to shut it in the near future.
Thanks for that. I've been really busy and totally missed that it had reopened - apparently on 2nd March!

Which means we'll get to have our free brownies and a coffee
Closed Thread