Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 15 May 19, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
sunshines
Apprentice Imagineer

One more villa con -

Our kids quite enjoy playing with other kids at the communal pool, so a condo or a villa at a gated community with a communal pool solves this "con." We like Windsor Hills, as it has water slides and a splash pad play area too.
Old 22 May 19, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Loretta
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by mick View Post
In the couple of weeks that we watched in April I felt so sorry for the other two. They never stood a chance. How does he know so much about obscure Shakespeare quotes and Plantagenet monarchs?

Mick
Mick, James Holzhauer won again last night on Jeopardy. His current total is now $1,867,142. Loretta
Loretta is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Loretta
Proud to wear my Ears

I’ll ask my daughter to show me how to private message Mick so I don’t spoil it for anybody watching. Loretta
Loretta is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Loretta View Post
I’ll ask my daughter to show me how to private message Mick so I don’t spoil it for anybody watching. Loretta
Loretta

Just replied to your PM thanks. We can keep progress secret now.

Mick
Old 23 May 19, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
arkv1lla
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 13
Mobile

How lovely to read all these replies

Even before we bought our villa we always stayed in a villa

I suggest moving your children into your bedroom for the next fortnight and watching no tv in the lounge at all. See how you feel about sharing one room with them for 2 weeks... 😂

Sandra
arkv1lla is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Pro;
Everyone has their own space
Adult time
Own pool
More than one bathroom, essential for us
No other guests to annoy you
Freedom to chill as you wish
Ability to cook of you wish (I don’t lol)
Easier washing ability
Normally more cost effective
Great for anti social people like us

Cons;
No EMH
No 60 day FP window
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
MarionG
Imagineer

From the first time we went to Orlando in 1993 we have always stayed in a villa. In those days we had no problem with things like Fastpasses etc as the parks were quiet anyway as were the roads. If you want full on Disney then perhaps a hotel onsite would be better these days but for us as we are now older and it is just us two or friends who are our age and don't do many parks we love the freedom of staying in a villa. I'm lucky in that my hubby is happy to drive plus he doesn't drink so we can go wherever we want. Last year we spent some time on the Gulf Coast in Rotunda and found a beautiful villa there that we shared with our best friends.
MarionG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Since having children (before that, I only went with one other person, so we always stayed in hotels), I stayed in 2 villas and, as a single parent, on site in 2017.

I loved all the pros people have shared (especially the space; ability to retreat from each other; not needing to cart stuff to and from the pool, daily!).

A 'con' but with apparently no solution is sometimes things that the MC just can't fix. We had a particularly hot swimming pool (heater/thermostat malfunction) in one, which meant we (and the children) couldn't use the pool for a day or 2 until it cooled down (hotter than I have a bath!). In the other villa, there was a problem with the master bed - it was wonky. The MC came and replaced the bases but there was still a definite tilt to it (one side was higher than the other, which you couldn't tell by sight but could after trying to lie in it for a night).

I also loved being in the Disney bubble - but this was just me and 2 girls (10 and 6) and even the 3 of us got fed up with being on top of each other after 2 weeks. Next summer, we're doing onsite for 6 nights and then a villa for 7 - best of both worlds, I hope!
DLP DCR - 2009
squishy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Themousefamily
Excited about Disney

I’m going to put my head above the parapet here - I prefer a hotel 🙄
I have stayed in a villa once and whilst I accept for a big family group the space is good, for me the cons are -
- too much driving
- I never felt 100% safe and had a lot of anxiety over being burgled by people with guns 😱
- swimming pool got yucky and we had to scoop out leaves etc
- I cook and clean up after my kids all year round and do not wish to do it on my 2 week holiday
- packing at the end of the holiday is much harder and you have to clean and tidy a large area as well
- having had a boisterous toddler (who is now a heavy footed teen &#128561 I was always anxious about her damaging something in someone’s home which I wasn’t so worried about in something corporate owned

Now I will say that we have been lucky enough the last few trips to stay in a one bed old key west so my children can be a separate sleeping area and we have the benefit of a kitchen for snacks etc, as well as a full laundry room. So my feelings may not be quite as strong if I was comparing a villa to say a moderate on site room, but I love the convenience and luxury of a Disney hotel.

Sorry to go against the grain but this is just my opinion x

Edited at 09:12 PM. Reason: Extra point
Themousefamily is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 19, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi as this is a bit of a pro villa thread, ? Staying on site in a one bed okw condo for us is much better. Yes as others have said the fast pass options etc,early or late magic hours, free DDP, transport ( I love driving but it's nice on a night out to have a couple of drinks and get transported back. Being in the bubble is good and yes not everyone's cup of tea but for us it suits. In a I bed at okw you have full kitchen etc and washing facilities . Wherever you pick enjoy your time
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List