Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 3 Jul 19, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Gaja
Earning More Ears

We have done Magic Natura in the hills of Benidorm a few times. You get unlimited access to both the zoo and water park on site, there is a free bus into Benidorm if you wish, the resort is about ten minutes bus ride away from Benidorm itself. You stay in lodges around the resort.
Gaja is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 19, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Tco200
Imagineer

Mobile

We ended up getting cheap flights to LAX last year and a cheap hotel in Anaheim, loved it, Disneyland is similar but different in many ways
Tco200 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 19, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post
FloridaFi
Very Serious Dibber

We went to Port Aventura when our boys were young and had a holiday off Florida. Thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, especially the beach club.
FloridaFi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 19, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Portaventura is fantastic park, and well worth a look! We loved the tropical feel of the park, it is really well kept with lovely gardens etc too. Some great rides and shows in there.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 19, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Italy union lido cavallino near Venice. Loads to do and a great waterpark called aqualandia. Lake Garda and Gardaland. If your comparing to Florida no it's not Florida but it's stunning Italy.

Edited at 08:02 AM.
soooexcited! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 19, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Do5-BaG
Very Serious Dibber

Macau, Hong Kong, Singapore and Taiwan are good fun with theme parks and what not, Macau is probably more comparable to Las Vegas but I think it's better.

I have had friends who have been to the Cartoon Network and Ramayana Parks in Thailand and they have said they are good.
Old 4 Jul 19, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
riversider2014
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I’ll do my standard reply on this, I know this is a Disney board but there is a whole world out there to enjoy and if you’re going to compare every holiday to Florida then youll never be happy.

We’ve had 3 nights in a shepherds hut in Northumberland in December with no electricity and just a log burner and that break will live in our memory just as much as our Disney holidays..

March 2015 - http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=865148
riversider2014 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 19, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Jet
Imagineer

I would second Hong Kong and Dubai also..but not when its too hot.
They both have really good theme and water parks and never seemed crowded..and also lots of other things to do.
Jet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 19, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by tory79 View Post
Year off this year, we’ve been nearly every year for about the last 15 years. We have literally no idea where to go. I mean let’s be honest, nowhere compares... but does anywhere come close?!?

We have two restless boys 7 and 4 who have never been anywhere else so when we say ‘holiday’ that’s where they assume we’re going! Can anyone suggest anywhere that is good for that age group, plenty to do, maybe a decent theme park to go to...
My mindset is a bit like Riversiders. I really enjoy Orlando and it has been my go to for the last few years, after doing many years of more varied and adventurous holidays.

There is no need to compare, I cannot compare an African safari or the Galápagos Islands or the South Pacific to Orlando (or Florida), but there is no need to, they are different. I can’t put Orlando up there as my best ever holiday destination, much as I love it.

I think if you are looking for Florida somewhere else, you are better off just going back to Florida and there is nothing wrong with that. But why not try somewhere different, without looking for a bit of Florida. If I were to suggest something, how about the safari, something to be enjoyed by all ages.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 19, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I don’t think anywhere than Florida has a Florida feel, but if you go anywhere and get a car and go exploring you can have fun. Lots of food and drinks and exploring the local sights, meeting people is fun. I loved Rome, out and about everyday but don’t sleep on a main road or you get sirens all night ( we did this)
Can’t wait to go on my holiday to Kefalonia with a Greek night, food, drink, swimming, exploring caves and boat trips!