Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 7 Mar 20, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Ilovedisney
VIP Dibber

Please help me choose accommodation.

Hi

I have posted in accommodation section but havent had a reply to am trying here.

I am planning on a trip back to orlando later in the year. we went end of last year and stayed on site at wdw. It was lovely. However we now want to go to universal. Our places to visit would be
Universal x3 parks
Magic Kingdom (1Day)
Shopping Mall
Boardwalk
DTD

I am struggling to find the right hotel. We do not drive and am happy to pay for taxis but would also like to be able to walk to dinner at night is a safe area.

Thinking Rosen Inn on International Drive (Pointe) but we stayed a few years ago at a hotel near the big macdonalds and didnt like the area. I know how long intl drive is tho.

Are we better off staying at Universal and travelling out or staying midway between all, if so, any recommendations please?
TIA
Ilovedisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 20, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Why not stay at one of the Universal hotels and have a night at one of the Epcot resort hotels, including Swan and Dolphin? That way you could access the Boardwalk easily and get the bus to MK and Disney Springs.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 20, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
lynjowton
Excited about Disney

lynjowton's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Just have a good look on Air b and b ,Hotels.com and see what is in your budget. Idrive is very long but probably has the most restaurants. Lake Beuna vista is a nice area and not too far away from where you want to visit. Read TripAdvisor reviews before you book and see if any hotels offer free shuttles to the park. We travelled in 2016 and stayed at Enclave suites on I drive last visited November last year and stayed at Blue tree resort in Lake Buena Vista both worked well for us.

Edited at 05:39 PM.
lynjowton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 20, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

What/where is DTD?
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 20, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
lynjowton
Excited about Disney

lynjowton's Reviews
Downtown Disney maybe?
lynjowton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 20, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lynjowton View Post
Downtown Disney maybe?
Thank you.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 20, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

You could stay onsite with universal.There are some great restaurants in city walk and in the onsite hotels.
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 20, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Vinnie2018
New Poster (3)

Mobile

The new Universal hotel looks good, sorry I can't think of the name, decent price as well plus you get early entry into Universal so that's always a bonus 👍
Vinnie2018 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 20, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
The waltons
Excited about Disney

The waltons's Reviews
Mobile

I have stayed twice on idrive once at doubletree at seAworld - lovely hotel and walking distance to restaurants. Then Rosen in point Orlando for a few nights which is in great location but I hated it - drab, rundown , shabby and not the cleanest. I’d stay onsite at universal if I were you
Old 8 Mar 20, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Mobile

I’d be tempted to stay at a universal hotel so you have citywalk at your doorstep, and then perhaps book a Disney Springs area hotel for one night in the middle of your stay.

We did something similar in 2018 - stayed at Cabana Bay for two weeks but booked one night at All Star Music (not Disney Springs area but not far). We kept the room at Cabana Bay the whole time so we only had to transfer an overnight bag to ASM. On the day we arrived at ASM we went to Disney Springs, and then the next day used EMH for AK. In your case you could do Disney Springs/Boardwalk on the day you go to the Disney area, and then wake up and do MK the next day.

You can go to the outlets/mall easily from Cabana Bay.
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List