Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Mar 20, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

I do feel for all of you, but I had a terrible situation when I was young, so I’m hardened to any loss now.
Both parents were killed by a drunk driver when we lived in New Jersey( thankfully he died too), I was 5 &1/2 my brother was 9, luckily my Gran was visiting from the UK, she brought us back & brought us both up, not easy to do at 63 😢
I probably rebelled as a teenager, so unhappy seeing all friends with parents 😫
So the moral of my story is any time with loved ones is precious, be thankful you’ve had many years with them & treasure the memories, something that I cannot 😢
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 20, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Mummys_girl84
Proud to wear my Ears

Sending massive hugs to you all...
I lost my mummy (my best friend) 4 years ago on 29th of feb this year at the age of 70...everyone has told me that it gets easier but as yet it really doesn't feel like it... The last couple of months that we had mummy were the absolute worst as she lost her battle with lung cancer but I would give anything to have her back...

Fortunately I still have daddy but losing mum has triggered major anxiety about losing him...
Mummys_girl84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 20, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Ds4ljs
Imagineer

Ds4ljs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Sending love to you all. I miss my beautiful Dad every day. It’s just over a year since we lost him. I understand how painful even the smallest things are. Xx
Ds4ljs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 20, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

My own dearest mum died on the 17th December, so I have been without her for nearly 3 months. I am dreading Mother’s Day as my dh mother passed away just 12 days before my own mum. We are all still in shock really and although I’m going through the motions I’m not anywhere near dealing with it. She was sick with cancer for 2 years and bedridden for most of it, but I visited every day, sometimes twice a day, I thought that was hard, but this is so much worse.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 20, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
janeywaney
VIP Dibber

janeywaney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

It will be 4 years on Sunday since my mum died of lung cancer after a 18 month battle.
There’s not a day goes by that I miss her 😢😢
I still can’t remember her from before cancer ravaged her and changed how she looked.

I miss her all the time and still burst into tears randomly when something reminds me of her.
I hate the run up to Mother’s Day even though I’m a mum and my kids treat me I feel empty not being able to treat her.

Much love to everyone we all understand the pain we all feel.

Life does go on you just have to take each day as it comes and allow yourself to be upset and grieve. There’s not a rule book for it, everyone is different and we all have different ways of coping. There’s no right or wrong way, be kind to yourself and grieve.

Jane xxx
August 06 All Star Sports, August 07 All Star Music, OKW August 08 OKW Nov 09 All Star Music Feb 10, OKW Sept 10 OKW Sept 2011 , OKW Nov 2013, Pop Cenury Sept 2014, OKW Sept 2015, OKW Nov 16, OKW Sept 17, OKW Aug 19
janeywaney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 20, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Mummys_girl84
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by janeywaney View Post
It will be 4 years on Sunday since my mum died of lung cancer after a 18 month battle.
There’s not a day goes by that I miss her 😢😢
I still can’t remember her from before cancer ravaged her and changed how she looked.

I miss her all the time and still burst into tears randomly when something reminds me of her.
I hate the run up to Mother’s Day even though I’m a mum and my kids treat me I feel empty not being able to treat her.

Much love to everyone we all understand the pain we all feel.

Life does go on you just have to take each day as it comes and allow yourself to be upset and grieve. There’s not a rule book for it, everyone is different and we all have different ways of coping. There’s no right or wrong way, be kind to yourself and grieve.

Jane xxx
I remember that Jane as it wasn't that long after mum passed away... it's so hard to believe that was 4 years ago...some days it doesn't feel that long ago and some days it just feels like forever

Joanne xxx
Mummys_girl84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 20, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Pinchy
Imagineer

I lost my parents relatively young and I don't think I came out of the shock for several years. There was serious mental and physical ilness involved with frightening and horrible times which has made my grieving process a long and complicated one. Even now many many years later something tiny will reduce me to a howling mess. It's very difficult to handle the joy and the horror in my mind.

Usually it gets easier through familiarity. You get older and experience more losses and even the lives of your parents fall into context. For me that hasn't happened yet and I don't think it ever will. I know everyone has their problems but people untouched by mental illness are so lucky that they can look back on their parents with so much love and to genuinely miss them so much.

I duess what I'm saying is to let the joy flood your life and be so grateful for what they gave you.
Pinchy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 20, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sas View Post
Good evening all
Sorry it's a sad post. I lost my darling dad in June. We were so close I saw him nearly every day. I love and miss him everyday its been so hard. Today I have accepted an offer on his house and it has really upskittled me. I feel like I am loosing more of him.
Please tell me it gets easier, my dh doesn't really understand why I am so upset. It's all so final and lots of things from my childhood will be lost as I can't keep everything.x
I understand you completely. Grief is a very personal thing indeed. Its been 5 years (In June) since I lost my dad...there isnt one day that I dont think of him. However, life must go on and it will despite the pain. Best wishes to you.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 20, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
janeywaney
VIP Dibber

janeywaney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

Originally Posted by Mummys_girl84 View Post
I remember that Jane as it wasn't that long after mum passed away... it's so hard to believe that was 4 years ago...some days it doesn't feel that long ago and some days it just feels like forever

Joanne xxx
Yeah I remember your loss too there were a number of us losing our loved ones to lung cancer all at the same time 😢 Horrid awful disease, my aunt was diagnosed with it yesterday so another awful time to come 😕

Hope you are doing ok

Jane xx
August 06 All Star Sports, August 07 All Star Music, OKW August 08 OKW Nov 09 All Star Music Feb 10, OKW Sept 10 OKW Sept 2011 , OKW Nov 2013, Pop Cenury Sept 2014, OKW Sept 2015, OKW Nov 16, OKW Sept 17, OKW Aug 19
janeywaney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List