Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 26 Mar 20, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Vanillapod View Post
Only 2 houses in our cul-de-sac that we could see which annoyed us but we could hear it all across the town and I felt so emotional. DS did some very loud whooping to make up for the missing clappers
Wouldn't let it annoy you, it wasn't compulsory!
Some didn't know? Some thought it was cringy? Some were having their tea!
As long as you enjoyed it!
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 20, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
hibbie
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

I clapped here. I've had a very bad day with the children so had gone out for my daily exercise walk (dh was trying to get them to bed so didn't join in!) but I was half way down or very large newish estate at 8pm... it was amazing. There was noise, Cheering and clapping from all sides.
hibbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 20, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
When and how was this suggested? I am so cross we didn’t know.
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 20, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

My wife did I was putting my son and daughter to bed.
themeparksandy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 20, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Jan View Post
It was all over social media, it was mentioned on The One Show and I think on the 6 o’clock news

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 20, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Mobile

I wasn't sure that anyone would do it. I went into the garden at just before 8 and it started with a few claps and then more and more people joined in. There was cheering, clapping and fireworks. I found the display of solidarity quite overwhelming. My sisters are nurses and I'm a pharmacist so it's very close to home for our family. Stay safe everyone.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 20, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We did it! I would say about half of our street was out, there were some whistles as well as the clapping. Our houses are all set back from the road and most stood at their doors with a few at their windows so we were all well apart. My DD works for the NHS although not in a front line role and she sent us a video of her street in Leith clapping as well. It was nice to feel like we were all united in doing the same thing when we obviously can’t see her just now.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 20, 12:25 AM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jan View Post
Clap for our Carers was a tag on the corner of some TV channels today and placed as a ‘programme’ on the on-screen TV listings guides for other channels to cement it as an event; all over social media all week too.

Our whole street did it; the supermarket delivery van that happened to be driving down at the time provoked increased clapping too.

There’s a video that someone shot from their balcony in a tower block in London, maybe 15 floors up?
As they pan the camera, you can hear clapping & cheers in every direction across the whole city.

Edited at 12:35 AM.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 20, 12:29 AM  
Link to this Post
pdcdad
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We live in a very small village and even here we could hear clapping and whistling it was amazing
pdcdad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 20, 02:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by salmim View Post
Wouldn't let it annoy you, it wasn't compulsory!
Some didn't know? Some thought it was cringy? Some were having their tea!
As long as you enjoyed it!
Our neighbour had his mates round for lunch in the garden earlier and we keep seeing groups of kids wandering past.
We’re just annoyed today full stop

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread