Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 4 Mar 20, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

Cost of puppy, wow!

It’s been 11 months since we had to have our lovely boy put to sleep, we miss him every day. We have been talking lately about getting another dog and have been searching the internet to get an idea of costs etc.
My wife fancies a Cavapoo, I can’t believe the price what owners are charging for any ... poo type puppy.
When all said and done, in excess of £1000 for what is essential a cross breed is far in excess of what I will pay.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 20, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

The prices of cockapoos are insane. A cocker spaniel or a poodle would cost you far less! Having had a couple of litters, I know what the costs involved are to do things properly - and at £1000 per puppy huge profits are being made, unless it’s a very small litter which would be unusual for a medium breed.
Old 4 Mar 20, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Island mamma
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I get that cockapoos are really cute, but could you not persuade her to adopt a rescue dog instead. So many looking for homes. Both our labs are rescues (from private homes where they were neglected) and they have the loveliest temperaments. Wouldn't swap them for any puppy
Island mamma is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 20, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
It’s bonkers that people will actually pay that much. It’s the main reason dh won’t have a dog and he’s a real dog lover.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

Sadly when a particular breed is in high demand so are the prices. My sisters pooches were over £1000 each.
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

No way would I pay that much for a puppy. 😱 Rescue all the way for me. That's if I could have a dog 😢
tiggertastic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 20, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
A drop in the ocean compared to what you'll pay for dog-sitting services when you're on holiday!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 20, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
A drop in the ocean compared to what you'll pay for dog-sitting services when you're on holiday!
True. We pay £30 per night for our dog to stay at his ‘hotel’

Still think paying £1k+ for what is essentially a mongrel is ridiculous.
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 20, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
mexico07
VIP Dibber

Cocker spaniel pups start at £950 upwards xxx
mexico07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 20, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

I can understand why people would pay so much. I'd love a dog but it wouldn't be fair as I work full time. But I might get one when I retire. There are no rescue centres anywhere near where I live and I would happily pay £1000 for one as it would be my world. I wouldn't have to worry about paying for it to be looked after when I went on holiday as I wouldn't want to go on holiday if I had one.

Edited at 10:58 PM.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List