Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Mar 20, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Is anyone booking for later this year?

This may be a stupid question so please don't shout. Is anyone booking for later in the year? I already had plans to go at the end of Sept as I booked the dining plan offer last year in April when it came out. I've been waiting and checking flights daily for a price I was happy with and now with everything that is going on... I have no idea what to do or not do.

The prices are still high, I think people who had bookings for now are shifting to the mid end of Sept so seats are filling up to, that wouldn't have done previously.

Can I even consider booking a flight at the moment? Not sure where I stand with insurance etc or do I just scrap the whole idea.

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 20, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Mobile

No idea, we are booked to go on 10th Sept, I don't want to cancel if we don't have to, I am hoping it's all over by then, I also don't want to pay the balance in July either if its still all up in the air. I think it's a case of wait and see. Or book and be prepared to lose your money ,as new insurance won't cover you
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 20, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We go in July & I’ll be moving to September or early October if I have to. I’m waiting it out at the min but like the poster above, I’m dreading paying my balance next month if all is still so uncertain.

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 20, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
We have flights booked for the October half-term, that were made well before all this kicked off. I'm setting my 9-y-o's expectations that I don't believe we will be able to use them.

If you can book in a way such that you can amend/cancel free of penalty then go for it.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 20, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
lorna_99
Serious Dibber

We too are booked to go mid Sep and like yourself booked in April 2019 with the free dining. We have our accommodation etc booked direct with Disney and flights booked with Virgin Atlantic.
I am not sure what I would do in your situation but since I booked flights already we are staying positive that in 6 months we should be able to travel. I will book my ADR's next week as normal, NOBODY in the entire world wants things to be this way in 6 months so I am pretty hopeful that everyone will do their best to get things back to normal asap.

As for insurance I have an annual policy with insure and go and I was told anything I book now will not be covered for anything COVID-19 related but as always best to check with your insurance company directly.
lorna_99 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 20, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Difficult to know what to do isn't it. I have so little actually booked as I was holding out for decent flight prices. All I would lose at the minute is my deposit with Disney. I have no villa booked for my second week yet either.

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 20, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I'm hoping for a full refund from VH for May's trip, the same with Jet 2 for Greece in June 😭Our annual insurance runs out in August and I'm starting to doubt we'll even get to go to Orlando on our Christmas trip now and a new policy won't include corona, I think the insurance will price us out of going, we're £750 for an annual already, I dread to think what it'll be next time.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 20, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Tetrarch
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 23
People who already have both accommodation and flights booked for Sept/Oct will obviously sit tight for now. The problem for the OP is accommodation is booked but no flights yet if I've read that right and if so, my concern would be your insurance will not cover flights bought now for cancellation/amendment due to any ongoing Covid-19 issues. I personally wouldn't book anything more unless I was confident insurance would cover it.

Debra
Old 16 Mar 20, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Sweeney_Todd
Imagineer

We were due to fly out with Virgin this Thursday so our RV road trip was well planned with campsites and visits to places booked. The rental company are offering us a full refund but we are almost certainly going to defer until the same time next year; I've put a lot of effort into the planning. I hope Virgin may allow us to defer but, as it is more than eleven months away I expect they may refund and expect us to book again when the flights come up; we have reward seats.

"Right love, shut up and listen - an ADR for two at Crystal Palace, name of Regan. Got it?"

40?...Face?...Bovvered? ...-...Our Feb 2008 Trippies
Sweeney_Todd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 20, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
anji
VIP Dibber

We're all set to go on 7 September, flying into Vancouver for 3 weeks of road trip which includes USA. 90% of everything booked, majority of accommodation on free cancellation.

There's no way I will cancel until I know we can't fly - at the moment it's 14 days self-isolation into Canada apparently. Fingers crossed for an improvement in the coming months.

Would I book for September if I'd not already done so? No, I don't think I would. Could the insurance companies turn round and treat it like a 'pre-existing medical condition'? You booked knowing of the risks, so tough?

I would, however, change an existing booking with an airline to September as they are offering it to you Good luck!

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023
anji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List