Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Trip Planning Florida
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Mar 20, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
antietam
VIP Dibber

BA Voucher ,Refunds What are the rules?

Ok my understanding is that BA are offering to let you change dates or take a voucher for what you have paid so far to use in next 12 months if you have a flight booked up to 31 May

They will keep extending this date as time goes on if still not safe to travel

If your flight gets cancelled you can claim a refund or a voucher within 72 hours of the flight departure time and date.

Is this correct?
Old 27 Mar 20, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Yes, wait until itís cancelled and claim a refund.
Softy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Softy returns.
Old 27 Mar 20, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
John
Imagineer

John's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Be careful about taking a voucher. It is basically a credit note, you then won't be covered under s75 if you paid by credit card, you would just be another creditor. Having said that, BA are one of the safer airlines with good cash reserves
John is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Helen & John back to FL:) Hopefully
Old 27 Mar 20, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
DDD
Apprentice Imagineer

DDD's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
They havenít cancelled our flight to Gibraltar next week. We want a refund ...canít get through by phone or email. Will just keep trying!
DDD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Making up for 2020s disappointment
Old 27 Mar 20, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

LLamb's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I had an email today from Ba basically outlining all that. Our flight is still scheduled for 19th May.
Iím waiting for it to be cancelled so I can get a refund, I donít want a voucher as we wonít be travelling within the 12 month window. Which is stupid really, I though it would be ok as long as we booked another flight within 12, but no has to be travel with 12 months.
Trouble is ours is a fly drive with the balance due on 14th April. I donít really want to pay anymore, but if I donít pay I will forfeit the deposit and I think currently BA arenít cancelling flights until 72 hrs before.
Arrgh its all the uncertainty.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Next year then?
Old 27 Mar 20, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Weíve just had our flights cancelled for 30th April - Europe flight. Do you think we can get a refund? Email and online says credit or move but we have three holidays booked with BA this year (including taking extended family) and I know we wonít be able to take all this next year so really want a refund but when you call it says not too unless your flight is in the next 72hours?
Disney Bear is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Oct 2020! Yacht Club!
Old 28 Mar 20, 01:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disney Bear View Post
Weíve just had our flights cancelled for 30th April - Europe flight. Do you think we can get a refund? Email and online says credit or move but we have three holidays booked with BA this year (including taking extended family) and I know we wonít be able to take all this next year so really want a refund but when you call it says not too unless your flight is in the next 72hours?
Yes, if the flight has been cancelled you can get a full refund.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List Reply With Quote
Old 28 Mar 20, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
mines within 72 hours now and theyre still trying to force a credit note on me, no way
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Orlando thanksgiving fingers crossed
Old 28 Mar 20, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mushumadness View Post
mines within 72 hours now and theyre still trying to force a credit note on me, no way
You have to ring to get the refund. You cannot do it online apparently.

Next Trip Nov '20
Jun 98 Apr 99 Dec 99 Apr 00 Mar 03 Jun/Jul 04 Dec/Jan 05/06 Jul 06 Dec 06 Jun/Jul 08 Jun/Jul 09 Jul/Aug 11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May'18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept'19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar'20 AKL/SSR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Back to WDW. Just 2 again...
Old 28 Mar 20, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
steve30
Helping Mickey

Can I ask a question about these BA vouchers as well - Does anyone know if the 12 month limit refers to the entire trip or just your new departure date?

i.e. if I was going 30th may this year, and cancelled / obtained the voucher. Would my new holiday have to end by 30th May 2021? Or would it just be that my departing flight would have to be booked before 30th May 2021?

Thanks for any help

Steve

Edited at 09:51 AM.
steve30 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
WDW Honeymoon!
Buy and Sell DVC