Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 25 Feb 13, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Matt Charlton
Apprentice Imagineer

Anyone get any weird comments about their love of Disney?

I keep getting some strange comments in the office.

I love anything Disney and my wardrobe reflects this. I wear Mickey Mouse (and other Disney) t-shirts, I have several Disney hoodies. I have vinylmations on my desk, photos of the family with Mickey, picture frames with Winnie the Pooh on them.

I also wear non-Disney things, mainly geeky Doctor Who, Back to the Future, Big Bang Theory things.

One of the guys I work with keeps saying I'm the only bloke he has ever known who is like this/likes Mickey Mouse/will wear a Mickey Mouse t-shirt. A couple of other colleagues have agreed with him.

Apparently its OK to like Disney films, it's OK to say you like them, it's even ok to have a mug but wearing a t-shirt is crossing the line?

I'm not going to change one bit, I was just interested in hearing if anyone else gets any flak from work colleagues/family about Disney?
Matt Charlton is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 13, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
LRMD
Imagineer

Yes I do, people seem to think because I'm 36 and don't have kids I shouldn't be into Disney or go to Disney World! We came back from our fourth trip three weeks ago and I brought a WDW 2013 hoodie, when I wore it round my parents, my Dad was like "what are you wearing?!" oh well I don't care, I love it there!
LRMD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 13, 12:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Hannikins
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 6
Guidebook Photos: 135
yep! but I think as I wear my mickey ears to the office I probably brought it upon myself

Nov 16-Shanghai & Japan - In Progress
Nov 15-Hong Kong & Singapore - Coming Soon!
June 15-Rome & Florence
Dec 14-WDW | 13-WDW | 12-DLP | 12-NY&DC | 11-West Coast | 10-DLP | 09-WDW
Hannikins is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 13, 12:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie40
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hannikins View Post
yep! but I think as I wear my mickey ears to the office I probably brought it upon myself
lol, like it
Minnie40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 13, 12:44 AM  
Link to this Post

Dh wore his MM watch to work once (he's a cop) and got some stick
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 13, 01:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Adcro
Serious Dibber

I honestly couldn't give a ≈≈≈≈ake mushroom if people feel they have to be negative about something I enjoy. I enjoy Disney and go to Disney resorts for ME, and MY enjoyment. Not theirs.

Those who like to have a go at us Disney resort fans are the type who usually like to just go to bits of Spain where it's all English people, English food etc, and spend the day sitting around a swimming pool for 8 hours, then getting drunk of an evening in an English themed pub.

I know which I'd choose!
Adcro is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 13, 02:21 AM  
Link to this Post
kezza12
Imagineer

kezza12's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by LRMD View Post
Yes I do, people seem to think because I'm 36 and don't have kids I shouldn't be into Disney or go to Disney World! We came back from our fourth trip three weeks ago and I brought a WDW 2013 hoodie, when I wore it round my parents, my Dad was like "what are you wearing?!" oh well I don't care, I love it there!
Lol exactly the same 36 no kids but love disney. In fact there's always something disney (usually Mickey Mouse but I do sport jack on occasion) on my person at all times. Mini mouse pjs on right now

April 2003 first ever visit groveser DTD. May 2005 honeymoon Holiday inn int drive. May 2007 2nd anniversary grovesner DTD. Oct 2009 birthday LBVVResort n spa. Jan 2011 LBVVResort and spa. Nov 2011 Las Vegas and Anaheim MGM grand and Disneyland hotel May 2013 8th anniversary vista cay. Oct 2013 cheeky birthday trip No 2 enclave suites
kezza12 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 13, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
cupcakefairy
Imagineer

I get it a lot I'm 28 no kids but love Disney etc i would happily sit and watch Disney on a Saturday afternoon ha ha. People always say ure 28 not 8! But I don't care just makes my obsession grow more ha ha ha xx

cupcakefairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 13, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Moleymole
Imagineer

What annoys me the most are comments about why we keep going back to the same place... from people who themselves keep going back to the same place. I don't question them... why do they question me?
OKW again 2015 and Anna Maria
2017 Contemporary Resort & Anna Maria
ALWAYS AUGUST!

August 2022 my 50th! - Universal Hardrock Hotel, Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk villas, Polynesian, Anna Maria Island.

Moleymole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 13, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Seaworldfan
Imagineer

I get it in the office all the time.. but i recently took on a young lady who is equally mad about Florida so at least now i have an aly against the get sunburnt and drunk crowd
2003 - Hilton Garden Inn I-Drive
2010 - Staybridge Suites LBV
2012 - Beach Club
2017 - Old Key West
2019 - Old Key West/Hard Rock Hotel
2022 - Reunion/BC/AKL/Hard Rock Hotel!
Seaworldfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread