Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 8 May 18, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
knads2012
Apprentice Imagineer

knads2012's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Anyone used Mears for transfers?

Hi all,

I'm looking at transfers (one from our hotel to the Premium outlets and back again) and they are coming up as ~$45 which is half the price that I've been quoted elsewhere.

Has anyone used Mears for private transfers before? Are they ok?

Thanks in advance -

Karen
knads2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 18, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
joxxxxx
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

why dont you use Uber - it will be much cheaper
joxxxxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 18, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
knads2012
Apprentice Imagineer

knads2012's Reviews
Thanks for posting but we are not keen on Uber, I know lots of people are and I guess we will lose out on the savings but we are ok with that.
Karen.x
knads2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 18, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Mad Hatters
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We do use them but have had an issue previously when they didn’t pick us up for our trip to the airport when we were flying home. They denied we had booked it despite speaking on the phone to them the previous day. All other times have been fine though.
Mad Hatters is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 18, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
meggy
Imagineer

meggy's Reviews
I have used mears a lot over the years. One bad experience 3 years ago when they left me ( and thankfully) another couple waiting over2 hours for pick up at Florida mall in the dark. Other than that no issues at all and will be using them this year :wavey
meggy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 18, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Jillzo
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We booked them directly through their website as it worked out so much cheaper! No issues at all and desk was easy to find at MCO. All we had to do for return journey was call them 24 hours before to confirm pick up time 😊
Jillzo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 18, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
knads2012
Apprentice Imagineer

knads2012's Reviews
Originally Posted by Mad Hatters View Post
We do use them but have had an issue previously when they didn’t pick us up for our trip to the airport when we were flying home. They denied we had booked it despite speaking on the phone to them the previous day. All other times have been fine though.
Thanks for posting, hopefully that was just a one off?
Karen.x

Originally Posted by meggy View Post
I have used mears a lot over the years. One bad experience 3 years ago when they left me ( and thankfully) another couple waiting over2 hours for pick up at Florida mall in the dark. Other than that no issues at all and will be using them this year :wavey
That’s not bad odds Meggy, thanks for posting. Hope you have a fab time.
Karen.x

Originally Posted by Jillzo View Post
We booked them directly through their website as it worked out so much cheaper! No issues at all and desk was easy to find at MCO. All we had to do for return journey was call them 24 hours before to confirm pick up time 😊
That’s good, we would want to use them for Universal and shopping so hopefully it could be convenient through the app...
Karen.x
Old 8 May 18, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Jillzo
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Ah right, sorry thought it was for airport transfers! We used Uber, lynx buses and IRide trolley, to get out and about outwith Disney transport! 😊
Jillzo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 18, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Mad Hatters
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by knads2012 View Post
Thanks for posting, hopefully that was just a one off?
Karen.x
No problem. Yes, that’s the only issue we have had with them. All other trips using them have been perfectly fine. I’m sure all will be ok when you use them.
Mad Hatters is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List